PDA

View Full Version : Premium Package on 535xi

GermanCarsFan
05-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Does anyone see any advantage in ordering the premium package on the 535xi instead of just getting the leather upholstery as a stand-alone option? I don't really care about the garage door opener or the auto-dimming mirrors... What is the ambient light feature? Is it worth getting the entire premium package because of it? The car will be leased.

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

TCB
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Since you won't have to worry about resale value with a lease and you don't care about the garage opener or dimming mirrors, I would say no. The ambient light package is nice (it includes a soft red light in the overhead that gives a faint red light on the center console area), but if you don't want the other stuff, I wouldn't pay the $600 difference for it.

Having said that, I have the PP on my '07 and really like the integrated garage door opener and auto-dimming mirrors, but to each his own!

italia4
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Does anyone see any advantage in ordering the premium package on the 535xi instead of just getting the leather upholstery as a stand-alone option? I don't really care about the garage door opener or the auto-dimming mirrors... What is the ambient light feature? Is it worth getting the entire premium package because of it? The car will be leased.

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

the advantage of ordering...it'd be tough to find on the lot...

doesn't PP get you lumbar?

GermanCarsFan
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
the advantage of ordering...it'd be tough to find on the lot...

doesn't PP get you lumbar?

No, PP doesn't get you lumbar support. I think it' standard above the 528 series...

As far as finding one that shouldn't be an issue as I will be going through ED. I was just curious if there some really nice benefit in having ambient lighting. I don't think I even know what it is and couldn't find much info online.