PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Double Din and Single Din question

ckim34
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
is it possible to get a double din multimedia setup in my 1993 325is without crazy modifications. i am aware that some custom work probably will have to done but just wondering if it needed to be extreme. Thanks in advance.

Roly
05-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I put this head unit in this weekend:
http://bossaudio.com/main/520

The screen is ALMOST as big as the screens on most double DIN systems but you can put it in the slot where you pull the factory one from without any mods! :) The screen hangs down a little, so from a normal driving position you can't quite make out the numbers of the temp on the climate control system. I either have mine on 60 with AC on or AC off, so not a big deal for me. I know it says 60 cause I never change it until winter.

Keep in mind you'll also need an antenna adaptor to work with the totally weird E36 antenna for FM, and you need to buy a TV antenna for the TV tuner. I went with a "film" one that attaches to the windshield for like 15 bucks.

It took me a good 4 hours to install just the head unit. I still have to complete installing the TV antenna and a subwoofer in the trunk - wires made it as far as the back seat this weekend. :)