PDA

View Full Version : 535i first impressions

juventus
05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I know I've asked this question before; but now with more people lucky enough to drive the 535i. what are your impressions.

How does it compare with the 525 and 530 (leaving aside the increased horses)?

kaismaeel2000
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I drove mine for 1500 miles before drop off in Munich. It is noticeably faster than the 530i, feels a lot more aggressive. Inside, it looks more stylish, with the bigger nav screen, the programmable buttons, the new armrest, and the door handles. It also looks a lot nicer with the new rear LED lights. Oh, and that shift lever looks very nice, although sometimes when I am in D, and try to get it to R, it stops on N. Overall a lot nicer, mainly because of the engine.

MN2828
05-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Interior is much nicer. The restyling of the wood around the doors looks very good, shifter is very cool. Also, the six preset buttons (plus mode select and am/fm) make iDrive much easier to deal with. You can set map locations, phone numbers, climate control -- whatever you use most. The iPod adapter works great. Almost total control over the iPod via iDrive.

The ride is about the same as the 530 but the 535 is much quicker. No sense of turbo lag, just instant power. I have about 935 miles on mine and I look forward to the drive to work. Very glad that I waited on the 535.

lawbuz
05-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I echo what's been said above.

There is considerably more power in the 535, but the drive by (?) feature which caps acceleration when you first tap on the gas (what some people refer to as turbo lag) is a little annoying. I know you can minize this by putting it in DS mode, and that the car learns and loosens to the way you drive, but I was kinda expecting a litlte better sports handling. Still a nice luxury car with decent power in its range.

Please reply to me directly with suggestions.