PDA

View Full Version : Ordered BMW bike rack today

schnell525
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
hey guys....

i'm enjoying my 07 525xi. i've had no problems with the car, outside of the oil sensor that went a bit goofy during a cold snap in January.

i ordered the roof rack base and road bike accessory from my parts department. i had a BMW accessory catalogue, and the road bike p/n has changed with a price increase. i couldn't find an aftermarket Yakima or Thule rack for the roof, and i didn't want to hang something from the trunk.

i'll report in when the rack arrives in a couple days. gotta say, so far my experience with BMW has been very good (kudos to New Motors BMW, Erie PA). the parts department has been great, as service. my sales guy saw me and came over to say hello.

it is nice compared to some of the experiences that I've had with other German mfgs.

cheers.

JTJ
05-10-2007, 01:48 PM
When you get it all set up can you take some pictures? I would like to see how it looks...

schnell525
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
i'd be glad to. i want to get the spring detail done soon, and get the rack on when it comes in next week.

tx.

fp60
05-10-2007, 07:57 PM
PLEASE LET ME KNOW how it goes!!!!!? I got a call today from the dealer and my car should be in next week. I too don't want to tack on another bike rack to the this new car and was looking at the BMW bike hoist system for the new 5. The closest rack i could find was a SARIS for 3 bikes to mount my Cannondale roadie...
Send pics if you can please!!!
thanks!
-Felix