PDA

View Full Version : new 5er spotting

bluer1
02-05-2003, 04:06 PM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60505

Alex Baumann
02-05-2003, 04:18 PM
:bawling: :bawling:

Man, I thought they have postponed the release because they wanted to tame the exterior a little.

But this is ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly.............

:thumbdwn:

Thanks for the link anyway.

bmw325
02-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
:bawling: :bawling:

Man, I thought they have postponed the release because they wanted to tame the exterior a little.

But this is ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly.............

:thumbdwn:

Thanks for the link anyway.

How can you really tell from those pics? Not that it matters, I'm sure it will be FUGLY! :bigpimp: Something about these pics make me think of a Chevy Impala...

Kaz
02-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Even with all the tape you can see the E46 coupe facelift headlights. The back looks like a BangleButt grafted onto the E39 tail. We'll see.

I think we've seen near-production interiors in the past so that's not a big surprise.

And note that this appears to be a diesel.

Alex Baumann
02-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by robg
How can you really tell from those pics? Not that it matters, I'm sure it will be FUGLY! :bigpimp: Something about these pics make me think of a Chevy Impala...

This will be fugly, (the line under the tape)

03BMW330
02-05-2003, 04:29 PM
is duck tape a option or comes standard?

in_d_haus
02-05-2003, 04:54 PM
The kidneys look like a Pontiac

bmw325
02-05-2003, 05:05 PM
One small thing that bothers me about the design is that it appears that the hood line ends at the kidneys rather than incorporating them (as was begun on the e38). I always thought that was a nice touch-- and now they're ditching that. I guess this new design is probably cheaper to make. Looking at the sideview of the car, I'm now seeing more than a little Toyota Camry. Ugghhhh. We've seen the interior before, but WTF are they thinking by cramming the idrive in where they did? That's going to such a PITA to use-- looks like a very awkward location. I think if anyone ever wondered what would happen if GM bought BMW, we're now seeing the results.

Alex Baumann
02-05-2003, 05:39 PM
BTW, I have just noticed something funny in the pic below.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=522039

What the hell is the guy/girl doing at the far right in the pic ? :confused: :D

Mr. The Edge
02-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
BTW, I have just noticed something funny in the pic below.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=522039

What the hell is the guy/girl doing at the far right in the pic ? :confused: :D

stretching before running?

Alex Baumann
02-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by atyclb
stretching before running?

yeah, the best thing to do to avoid to appear in the same picture with that car :D

Jeff_DML
02-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by robg
One small thing that bothers me about the design is that it appears that the hood line ends at the kidneys rather than incorporating them (as was begun on the e38). I always thought that was a nice touch-- and now they're ditching that. I guess this new design is probably cheaper to make. Looking at the sideview of the car, I'm now seeing more than a little Toyota Camry. Ugghhhh. We've seen the interior before, but WTF are they thinking by cramming the idrive in where they did? That's going to such a PITA to use-- looks like a very awkward location. I think if anyone ever wondered what would happen if GM bought BMW, we're now seeing the results.

I agree, I like the grill/kidneys attached the hood. Too bad they are ditching it, Z4 is the same way

PhilH
02-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Those must be 16" wheels, even though they look like 15s (or 14s). Since the slab sided styling is similar to the E65, I bet they'll need 18" wheels to make the car look normal.

I'm willing to give this design a chance, since it's at least toned down from the 7-series. However, there's no way I could ever see this as an improvement over the E39. It's a step in the wrong direction, just not as a big a step as the E65. Let's hope they learn from their mistakes before the E90 is introduced.

I guess these spyshots mean that an introduction of the new 5-series at the Geneva show in March is a real possibility.