PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my 535xi yesterday

ks-man
05-12-2007, 06:14 AM
I finally got mine. It's a Black Sapphire Metallic with black leather interior. I went driving with my fiancee all day yesterday and I love the car. The handling is awesome and the speed is even better. The car is good off the line, not speedy but not sluggish (it felt virtually the same as the 530). Once you hit 20MPH though the thing takes off. I turned onto the service road to the expressway and started flying. I'll have to be careful not to get a hundred tickets b/c before you know it you are going 70 on a 45.

My dealer didn't have any iPod cables so he will be sending me one by mid next week. I don't mind though as it just means I'll have a new toy to play with in a few days. Idrive is very simple for the main controls, but it will take some time to learn some of the other functions. I love the 6 memory station buttons. Being able to program them to call a favorite or program a destination was a very smart move.

The car isn't without a few negatives. The navigation system is far inferior to the Garmin portable we have. The voice doesn't say street names and the information is much harder to read. Also I wish you could put other things into the mini window on the right such as the radio monitor. I'm also not thrilled with the PDC. I think it is too sensitive. At my condo I park next to a concrete column and if I stop once the PDC starts beeping like crazy I'm still a foot away from the column and outside on the line of my parking space. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

Don't get me wrong though, the car does a lot more right than wrong and I can't wait to get in it to drive today.:thumbup:

(until my signature kicks in)
2008 535xi Black Sapph, Black Leather, Maple Wood, Step, PP, CWP, Nav, PDC, FoldDown, iPod, Sat

gweiden
05-12-2007, 07:20 AM
I finally got mine. It's a Black Sapphire Metallic with black leather interior. I went driving with my fiancee all day yesterday and I love the car. The handling is awesome and the speed is even better. The car is good off the line, not speedy but not sluggish (it felt virtually the same as the 530). Once you hit 20MPH though the thing takes off. I turned onto the service road to the expressway and started flying. I'll have to be careful not to get a hundred tickets b/c before you know it you are going 70 on a 45.

My dealer didn't have any iPod cables so he will be sending me one by mid next week. I don't mind though as it just means I'll have a new toy to play with in a few days. Idrive is very simple for the main controls, but it will take some time to learn some of the other functions. I love the 6 memory station buttons. Being able to program them to call a favorite or program a destination was a very smart move.

The car isn't without a few negatives. The navigation system is far inferior to the Garmin portable we have. The voice doesn't say street names and the information is much harder to read. Also I wish you could put other things into the mini window on the right such as the radio monitor. I'm also not thrilled with the PDC. I think it is too sensitive. At my condo I park next to a concrete column and if I stop once the PDC starts beeping like crazy I'm still a foot away from the column and outside on the line of my parking space. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

Don't get me wrong though, the car does a lot more right than wrong and I can't wait to get in it to drive today.:thumbup:

(until my signature kicks in)
2008 535xi Black Sapph, Black Leather, Maple Wood, Step, PP, CWP, Nav, PDC, FoldDown, iPod, Sat

:beerchug: Congratulations!!! I should be getting mine in about ten days or so. Post some pics.

scott10s
05-12-2007, 08:03 AM
I think the post lacks a little something without the pics....so let's see the new ride!!!

schnell525
05-12-2007, 08:18 AM
hey congrats!

i'm starting to want more power with my 525x and am drooling over a MT 535x. gotta wait a while...these car lusts are getting expensive.

cheers!

gweiden
05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
hey congrats!

i'm starting to want more power with my 525x and am drooling over a MT 535x. gotta wait a while...these car lusts are getting expensive.

cheers!

I hear you.... Especially when you option them like K.I.T.T from Knight Rider (i.e., nightvision, active cruise, etc). :bigpimp:

ks-man
05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Here are a couple of pictures, not sure why they came out so grainy.

gweiden
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM

It's gorgeous!! My heart is pounding, I should have mine in about three more days. Thanks for posting the pics....:thumbup:

stream
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice--congrats!

BMWSTL
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM

Check the ASA/ISO setting on your camera. The "grain" appears to be noise that occurs when the ASA/ISO setting is high. Some cameras are better than others at handling the greater amplification that occurs with the higher settings. See http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/key=noise

Lou