PDA

View Full Version : Value of Premium Package

jnmit12
05-12-2007, 11:19 AM
If I'm interested in the sport package on a 528/535 what do I get for the extra cost of the premium package? From what I see, I can order the leather seats for 1450 MSRP, get the sport packge (with 20way power seats) and save 850 off the premium package.

I'd be giving up:

Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Ambient Light package (can I can order this a la carte?)
Lumbar support (superseded by sport seats anyway?)

Do I have it right? I've always assumed I'd order the ZPP package, but in looking closer I'm considering the necessity (I wouldn't use the door opener anyway)

Any thoughts? Anything included in ZPP I didn't list?

thanks!

chrischeung
05-12-2007, 11:28 AM
For $850, especially if leasing, why not just get it? If buying, it'll help resale.

jetjock07
05-12-2007, 01:25 PM
The auto dimming mirrors are always a nice benefit when some a**hole is riding behind you with bright lights on.

aficionado
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
For $850, especially if leasing, why not just get it? If buying, it'll help resale.

Right, EVERYTHING is only $850. Next thing you know you added $10,000 to the price of your car. As for resale, no ones going to care.

As for the original question, I figured it was $850 for a garage door opener. I wasn't going to get it, until I HAD to get it for the Ventilated seats. Otherwise, I was doing what you are doing, Sports Package and Leather on the side.

Hey, if you got the cash, go for it. If your looking for something to cut, you just found it.

jnmit12
05-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm a big fan of the ambient lighting from past BMWs, but assign marginal value to the opener (Not even sure if it will be able to mimic my home automation command anyway?)

I think we'll probably end up getting it, but wanted to walk through the details. As for lease/buy - I usually capture equity when I lease anyway (by selling at maturity) Any unneeded option effectively cuts into my preceeds as it doesn't really increase the resale but definately increases the residual on a 24mo term!

chrischeung
05-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Right, EVERYTHING is only $850. Next thing you know you added $10,000 to the price of your car. As for resale, no ones going to care.

As for the original question, I figured it was $850 for a garage door opener. I wasn't going to get it, until I HAD to get it for the Ventilated seats. Otherwise, I was doing what you are doing, Sports Package and Leather on the side.

Hey, if you got the cash, go for it. If your looking for something to cut, you just found it.

Good point - he should just pay the $10K extra and get the 550i. The premium package is standard on the 550i.