PDA

View Full Version : so i drove a 535i yesterday for giggles

revlis240
05-13-2007, 12:39 PM
1) i could never live that auto tranny, its kinda rough but i guess it might have some learning to do.

2) its quick, but doesnt have the same feel as the 550i

3) I wasnt aware that the thing comes with the current 07 550 exhaust system

4) this i find funny: BMW spent god knows how much time and money developing BUTTONS YOU DONT HAVE TO TOUCH!!! I didnt know that they made the 6 programmable buttons touch sensitive. IMO cool, but a waste of R&D. Spend that damn time making the nav faster for gods sake..

5) i reaffirmed my love for comfort access. i had taken it for granted, but i couldnt figure out why the car wouldnt start when i pressed the button or the doors unlock when i touch the handle. :rofl:

6) all in all, i think its a great improvement over the 530i, but ill be getting another 550i next year no matter what..

7) why dont the 528's have the projector looking inside headlight? the 528's had an 07 looking headlight (inside one)

Abe :dunno:

Fünfer
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Touch-sensitive buttons? As in you don't have to press them in for them to work? Are you sure? If so, that is, in fact, pretty cool.

I think you're just used to Comfort Access, but that doesn't mean it's that fantastic. :D You couldn't understand why the car wasn't starting with just a press of a button or the door opening with the touch of the handle because you are used to it being the other way. It's nice, yes, but it's not worth $1k in my opinion.

MacHappy
05-13-2007, 06:36 PM
It's only not worth $1000 because you haven't been spoiled. Once you have it...there is no going back. I have it with my Prius and it was the first thing on my list of MUST HAVES when I ordered my 535xi.

citygirl
05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Touch-sensitive buttons? As in you don't have to press them in for them to work? Are you sure? If so, that is, in fact, pretty cool.

I think you're just used to Comfort Access, but that doesn't mean it's that fantastic. :D You couldn't understand why the car wasn't starting with just a press of a button or the door opening with the touch of the handle because you are used to it being the other way. It's nice, yes, but it's not worth $1k in my opinion.

Yes, he's right -- you only have to place your finger in front of the button, not touch it!

As for Comfort Access, I can tell by your comment that your a man. The reason I can tell is that if you were a woman, you would love Comfort Access because it would mean the endless search for your keys in your purse is over!!!! :D

M5-BEAR
05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
It's only not worth $1000 because you haven't been spoiled. Once you have it...there is no going back. I have it with my Prius and it was the first thing on my list of MUST HAVES when I ordered my 535xi.

Have it on my 2005 SL55 AMG, Got it on my 2008 550i.
Will have it on all of my future cars too! :p

barnaut

M5 BEAR

BeemerGuy
05-14-2007, 06:55 AM
I've got "confort access" on my Infiniti, and it is wonderful. However, it was a no-cost dealio on that car. $1000 for it on a BMW is just ridiculous.

Maybe I'm not wealthy enough to hang out in this forum. Maybe I should go hang out in the E28 forum.... :D

MacHappy
05-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Maybe I'm not wealthy enough to hang out in this forum. Maybe I should go hang out in the E28 forum.... :D

Come on BeemerGuy, stop pouting. :cry: We still accept you here.

To each his own but I thoroughly enjoy Comfort Access and until it's one of the included features it will be on my "options to add" list.

PalmTreeMD
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
To each his own but I thoroughly enjoy Comfort Access and until it's one of the included features it will be on my "options to add" list.

+1

I am getting ready to order a 535i and will get Comfort Access. I recently rented a C6 Corvette convertible and it had a similar feature. After only 2 days with the car, I was already hooked....

ANZAC_1915
05-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I ordered comfort access. In for a penny, in for a pound.

ChrisDressler
05-14-2007, 09:56 AM
7) why dont the 528's have the projector looking inside headlight? the 528's had an 07 looking headlight (inside one)

What is the "projector looking inside headlight"?

My08535i
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Let me get you guys straight on the programmable keys, they are touch sensitive to see what they are programmed to, but to use them you have to push them. Touching only shows you on the screen what has been saved to the button.

revlis240
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
What is the "projector looking inside headlight"?

The 528 has an inside that looks like the 07 inside headlight

the 535+ has a "new" projector looking inside headlight...and i dont know what the diff between the 2 is? purely for looks? that inside headlight doesnt DO anything anymore since DRLs are the halos and hibeams are bixenon??

aficionado
05-16-2007, 05:13 PM
The 528 has an inside that looks like the 07 inside headlight

the 535+ has a "new" projector looking inside headlight...and i dont know what the diff between the 2 is? purely for looks? that inside headlight doesnt DO anything anymore since DRLs are the halos and hibeams are bixenon??

When turning your steering wheel, the headlights will follow the turn, they actually move,

when you get to a certain point in the turn ratio, the 'inside' lights turn on allowing more light on the turn. It's pretty cool :thumbup:
and the rear tails light are real cool also. :thumbup:
the LCD's rock. They are like one of those 50's neon signs, where the tubes light up. I swear, don't back into anything, these things must cost a few grand.

Kamdog
05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Comfort access is one of those products that no one needs. However, if you get it and like it and want it, it becomes a great marketing success. Personally, I am a key-oriented person. My wife may call it OCS with keys, but the one time she took off with my keys was the time my kid needed me to pick her up. And there is my wife with both keys!!! Anyway, I like having my keys handy. It comforts me. Stuffing them into to the car takes them out of my pocket, so comfort access is not for me.

However, with my back and my butt, how in the world can anyone not take the comfort seats? Let me tell you, I would love to start getting hooked on all the goodies, the key stuff, the heads-up display, yadda-yadda-yadda. Those of us too poor to afford anything other than a $55,000 car will have to do with less.....