PDA

View Full Version : Progman Upgrade

lennyk
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
My 530xi is going in for service next week and I want to have it upgraded to Progman 25 (currently 21). I want to make sure I describe the correct problem to have this done. From what I have read I should tell them that my CD advances after I shut off the car, is this correct? Thanks for your help.

Lenny

stream
05-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I had that issue, and also the iDrive was very slow right after the car was started, and both are fixed in 25 so my dealer updated Progman.

DBU
05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
My 530xi is going in for service next week and I want to have it upgraded to Progman 25 (currently 21). I want to make sure I describe the correct problem to have this done. From what I have read I should tell them that my CD advances after I shut off the car, is this correct? Thanks for your help.

Lenny

I am trying my luck with SI B 84 61 06. Do a Google search for "SI B 84 61 06" - it relates to the Navigation Pop-up arrow (don't work when you display a map in the smaller window). Not that that ever bothered me, but Progman 25 have a lot of other features I want.

stream
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Progman 25.00 SIB below.

gjwilson
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I am trying my luck with SI B 84 61 06. Do a Google search for "SI B 84 61 06" - it relates to the Navigation Pop-up arrow (don't work when you display a map in the smaller window). Not that that ever bothered me, but Progman 25 have a lot of other features I want.

two questions:

1) What is the "navigation pop-up arrow"?

2) Why would BMW only do the update "on customer complaint basis"? Isn't it better to have as much of the customer base as possible running the current software?

stream
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
2) Why would BMW only do the update "on customer complaint basis"? Isn't it better to have as much of the customer base as possible running the current software?

It's not like updating Windows on your PC with automatic updates downloading from the web. It's an expense issue. Updating Progman takes quite a while and can consume a lot of a tech's time if it doesn't take the first time (which apparently happens frequently), so BMW doesn't want to pay the dealer for labor it doesn't have to.

DBU
05-15-2007, 04:15 AM
two questions:

1) What is the "navigation pop-up arrow"?

Chances are that you are used to displaying the map in the larger window and the "Arrows Display" in the smaller window when using navigation.

Assuming you have Navigation, try this:
- Enter an address to navigate to.
- Display a map in the assist window (smaller window to the right)
- Display anything but a map in the larger window, i.e. entertainment
- Drive around. The "pop up arrows" should display in the larger window whenever the Navigation computer wants you to make a turn.

At least that is my understanding. I never used the smaller window to display the map, so I never realized there was an issue...

gjwilson
05-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Chances are that you are used to displaying the map in the larger window and the "Arrows Display" in the smaller window when using navigation.

Assuming you have Navigation, try this:
- Enter an address to navigate to.
- Display a map in the assist window (smaller window to the right)
- Display anything but a map in the larger window, i.e. entertainment
- Drive around. The "pop up arrows" should display in the larger window whenever the Navigation computer wants you to make a turn.

At least that is my understanding. I never used the smaller window to display the map, so I never realized there was an issue...

Ah, I see. Thanks. Looks like I need an upgrade....

gprunnerman
12-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Here's a silly question, I recently upgraded to a 2005 545i 06/05 production with nav, L7, HUD, sport, sat & CDC. How do I tell what program my car is currently running? It was pretty easy on my E39, but I can't seem to find any hidden menus on the iDrive controller.

dadesidon
12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's a silly question, I recently upgraded to a 2005 545i 06/05 production with nav, L7, HUD, sport, sat & CDC. How do I tell what program my car is currently running? It was pretty easy on my E39, but I can't seem to find any hidden menus on the iDrive controller.

+1
I searched but couldn't find it...i think i need to look harder :mad:

DBU
12-20-2008, 10:08 AM

You cannot find it because only the dealer can tell. Next time you are in for service, ask for printouts from Progman "before and after" (assuming they do an upgrade). THEN you will know.