PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control 2008 535xi

ghbmd
05-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I got my 535xi about two weeks ago. Love the car, but I've noticed something wierd. I pretty much keep the climate control setting on "auto", adjusting just the driver/passenger temp as needed. The car seems to blow cold air through the vents at the passenger no matter what the temp is outside, or what the inside temp is set to. For intance, it was 46 degrees this morning. I had the driver temp set at 68 and the passenger temp set at 70. On the driver side heat is blowing in at the feet vents, while on the passenger side cold air is blowing in through the upper vents. Anyone else experiencing such things?

ssamols
05-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Check the settings of the vents on the climate control side of the I-drive menu. You can direct airflow to the upper, middle and lower vents there.

ghbmd
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, I have done that. On the passenger side there are only middle and lower vents. But if you adjust those settings, you take it out of "auto" mode. Shouldn't auto mode just work correctly?

dawi
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Yes, I have done that. On the passenger side there are only middle and lower vents. But if you adjust those settings, you take it out of "auto" mode. Shouldn't auto mode just work correctly?

On my pre-LCI you can set the temperature of the vents though 9 settings of heat/cold. 4 levels of heat (red lines), 4 levels of cold (blue lines) and one level in the middle which is white ie. ambient outside air I guess.

I find that this is more than ample to set the desired vent temperature and it always stays on auto - this is independent of that setting.

I'm sure your LCI version will do the same. Do you have standard or advanced A/C as that may make a difference? Mine is advanced and I'm sure yours is too with the engine spec you have.