PDA

View Full Version : 5351 Trunk Capacity

Bikie
05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
A while back I inquired as to the trunk capacity of a 535i. After my recent ED trip I now know. This is how much luggage four overloaded adults can cram into a Funfer !! I recommend traveling lighter! most of our rooms wereon upper floors in hotels without elevators.

Fünfer
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Somewhat unrelated question:

Your car seems to have reflector lamps in the bumper.....most of the 5s I've seen have just cut-outs in those spaces with no reflector lamps, always making me wonder why on earth those spaces are there, never able to find what 'package' puts something in them.....

The 535i I test-drove a few days ago was the same. Am I missing something?

Eric B
05-14-2007, 02:31 PM
You can order the reflectors from a dealer or on-line, they take about 5 minutes to install. They were the first thing I bought for my 5.

Russ Williams
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Pretty impressive cargo capacity. I will test the capacity limits next month when I pack my daughter's things for 6 weeks of summer camp. I am finally looking forward to this trip, which I have driven for many years in a Volvo wagon, since a good hour of it each way is driving through back roads in the mountains of VA.

GBPackerfan1963
05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
A while back I inquired as to the trunk capacity of a 535i. After my recent ED trip I now know. This is how much luggage four overloaded adults can cram into a Funfer !! I recommend traveling lighter! most of our rooms wereon upper floors in hotels without elevators.

I want to know where you packed the planters. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bikie
05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
The planters were not included but my wife would have taken them if she could. I think the reflectors are standard on 2008 models like mine.