PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Pricing - Is it a good deal?? Please Advise

sodoi18
05-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Guys:
Local dealer is giving me this offer, is it fair? can i take it?
The vehicle was manufactured in 08-03 and hence cannot be upgraded to have bluetooth etc.
has the extended DEMO warranty of 3 months extra. The full maintenance warranty is till 09/29/2009

2004 530i - 30k miles with extended full maintenance warranty ($1200 worth)

*****PRICE 36k*****

External Color: Silver Gray Metallic
Interior Color: Black Dakota Leather
Transmission: Automatic
Cold Weather Package
LAUNCH SUPPLY
Moonroof
Park Distance Control
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
Xenon headlights

Russ Williams
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Ahh...you forgot to tell us the price.

ChrisDressler
05-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Looks like the price is $36K from the OP's post...

cccplus
05-15-2007, 07:03 PM
it's ok for the price. i would look for a post 2004 - less bugs and more std options.

Russ Williams
05-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I would strongly suggest using a good broker. They will beat a dealer's price every time. I just got my '05 545i for $42,800. The best dealer price I could find was $49,000.

z0lt3c
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
You can upgrade an 08-03 e60 to BT by swapping out the TCU module and replacing it with a BT equipped TCU. This process is made much easier if the vehicle does have BMW assist, no assist and it's a challenging install. With Assist it's a single module swap and software retrofit at the dealer.

In regards to the price, the mileage is pretty low but I still think the price is high. For reference, I recently purchase a 2004 530i w/ SP, PP and CWP at a wholesale dealer auction with 40k miles for $29,000. Without sport package I wouldn't consider paying more then 32K for that vehicle and the wholesale value is probably closer to 28-30K. Just my opinion.

sodoi18
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I would strongly suggest using a good broker. They will beat a dealer's price every time. I just got my '05 545i for $42,800. The best dealer price I could find was $49,000.

I have not dealt with Brokers before, hence a very naive questions.
Where can i get in touch with brokers, if you know one, please give details

Thanks

sodoi18
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
You can upgrade an 08-03 e60 to BT by swapping out the TCU module and replacing it with a BT equipped TCU. This process is made much easier if the vehicle does have BMW assist, no assist and it's a challenging install. With Assist it's a single module swap and software retrofit at the dealer.

In regards to the price, the mileage is pretty low but I still think the price is high. For reference, I recently purchase a 2004 530i w/ SP, PP and CWP at a wholesale dealer auction with 40k miles for $29,000. Without sport package I wouldn't consider paying more then 32K for that vehicle and the wholesale value is probably closer to 28-30K. Just my opinion.

How much will it cost for the TCU swap to make the 8-03 cars bluetooth compatible?
with the included extended full maintenance you still think 32k should be the price?

Thanks for you help

z0lt3c
05-16-2007, 01:46 AM
The TCU at the BMW parts counter w/ BMWCCA membership discounts is around $500 and I was recently quoted around 2 hours for the install which includes program updates and the retrofits for activation.

I was able to find a TCU for $325 so it can be done for around $500 if you get a little lucky. If you don't have BMW assist add another $200 in parts and at least 1 more hour of labor. Check with your local dealer and make sure they are willing to do this before proceeding!!

I wouldn't go much higher then 32k for a 530 described as you have w/ Maintenance+CPO. BMWFS is dumping alot of 2004's into the market place right now so shop around at different dealers if you can't get anymore movement. If you can get a recommendation to a broker who can take you to a highline auction I would highly suggest this route. Buy a car still under warranty and as long as the title is clean BMW will fix whatever may be found wrong after auction purchase except tire.

Good luck...

nahugry
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
BMWFS is dumping alot of 2004's into the market place right now so shop around at different dealers if you can't get anymore movement.
Good luck...

What he's saying is true. I'd shop around at different dealers. Try going on wednesday or friday evenings about two hours before the dealers close. When you're there, either look for a guy who seems like he's had the longest day in his life, or a guy who seems that he sold alot of cars that day.
TAKE YOUR TIME, and BE AGGRESSIVE. You'll be able to get your way many times. You'll be surprise to see what they can offer you when even you know the demand was unrealistic. :)

Russ Williams
05-16-2007, 08:32 AM
I have not dealt with Brokers before, hence a very naive questions.
Where can i get in touch with brokers, if you know one, please give details

Thanks

Talk to friends, family, business associates to get broker recommendations as they should not be that hard to locate in your area. If you find a good broker and spend some time meeting with him to describe exactly what you are looking for and the specific color combination and options, as well as your price range, you should not have to take time off work to attend auctions as this is what you are paying him for. As was mentioned before, your local BMW dealer will fix any issues at no cost as long as the title is clean if the vehicle is still within it's 4yr/50K mile warranty/maintenance coverage. My broker has a good relationship with the local BMW service department and my vehicle was inspected and a problem fixed before I took possession.

sodoi18
05-16-2007, 08:41 AM
This forum is great. You guys have helped me a lot in making up my mind and being realistic to the price offer the local dealer is giving.

Thanks again.

One more offer I received

2004 530i - nvn/pp/cp/prem. sound/auto - 42k miles, ASKING $33.9k
warranty expires 3/31/08 and CPO - 3/31/2010
Orient Blue with Beige Dakota Leather

BFS - 2 months payments + 2.9 apr at 48 months

What do u guys say! Iam planning on taking this offer and re-negotiate with other dealer who is asking 36k

Thanks

nahugry
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
2004 530i - nvn/pp/cp/prem. sound/auto - 42k miles, ASKING $33.9k
warranty expires 3/31/08 and CPO - 3/31/2010
Orient Blue with Beige Dakota Leather

BMWFS is offering that low interest rate and first 2 pmts on all 04 5 series in efforts to move 04 inventories.
I would call for 32K on the car and see what they can come up with. Sometimes it might be easier to deal with monthly pmt rather than the price of the car itself.
Tell them that since the car doesn't have the sports package (just an excuse to deal with) you want the car for 32K. Tell them you'll take the delivery right away.
Just a suggestion.