PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Help...Please!

JHRI50
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get this thing to work? Is there a cable that should have come with the car or purschased from the dealer? When I plug the Ipod into my '08 550I, I can only get a fraction of the songs that are on it. The dealer is NO help at all....

Thanks in advance.

ronkh
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
IF you have the ipod adapter and not just using the aux plug........

Move your joystick up, then point it to ipod root.

It will then show you everything, lists etc. But you won't be able to acces teh functions of the ipod, just songs and playlists

stream
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get this thing to work? Is there a cable that should have come with the car or purschased from the dealer? When I plug the Ipod into my '08 550I, I can only get a fraction of the songs that are on it. The dealer is NO help at all....

Thanks in advance.

Yes--there is a special cable that is part of the iPod/USB interface, which the dealer provides. Do a search--I posted a BMW doc answering this question a while back.

MN2828
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I assume that you have the 6fl option.

You need the dealer cable, which looks like the standard iPod cable except that it connects to both the USB and audio ports. Once connected, you have access to the standard iPod menus (songs, playlists, artist, genre, albums etc.). Not quite as intuitive as the iPod but very close.

JHRI50
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info.

ademitt
05-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Only the names of the first 500 songs are visible in a playlist or library on the screen. Other songs may be accessed but you will not get the details in idrive.