PDA

View Full Version : Programming and Setting Radio Stations NEED SOME HELP

tonyvech
05-16-2007, 05:10 AM
NEED SOME HELP!! Is there anything special to note about programming the radio on the newer BMW Models with the i Drive. My neighbor is having a problem getting the radio stations to stay set and saved. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

mapezzul
05-16-2007, 05:33 AM
NEED SOME HELP!! Is there anything special to note about programming the radio on the newer BMW Models with the i Drive. My neighbor is having a problem getting the radio stations to stay set and saved. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

No real tricks.... it is all in the manual. You have to go to the entertainment portion of iDrive, (slide controller down) select the manual mode (slide controller to where the preset/auto/maual area is)-> turn the controller to a station->push on it and hit store-> scroll to the preset location you would like to store that station to-> that should be it.

I think sometimes people do not realize that you have to select the spot to store the preset and probably keep over programming the first location.

The AUTO station option is real nice when on a road trip if you do not have sat radio, it finds all the stations you can receive and makes them temporary presets (when this option is turned on/selected) so you do not need to manually search and seek for stations.

Also note that the controls on the wheel can be used for volume and presets, one of the programable buttons (diamond/star) can be programmed to change entertainment source; ie: to go from cd to FM, to AM, to WB.

I hope that helps!

Best of luck!:thumbup:

ExGMan
05-16-2007, 08:19 AM
No real tricks.... it is all in the manual. You have to go to the entertainment portion of iDrive, (slide controller down) select the manual mode (slide controller to where the preset/auto/maual area is)-> turn the controller to a station->push on it and hit store-> scroll to the preset location you would like to store that station to-> that should be it.

I think sometimes people do not realize that you have to select the spot to store the preset and probably keep over programming the first location.

The AUTO station option is real nice when on a road trip if you do not have sat radio, it finds all the stations you can receive and makes them temporary presets (when this option is turned on/selected) so you do not need to manually search and seek for stations.

Also note that the controls on the wheel can be used for volume and presets, one of the programable buttons (diamond/star) can be programmed to change entertainment source; ie: to go from cd to FM, to AM, to WB.

I hope that helps!

Best of luck!:thumbup:

...and another quirk to think about...the stations saved in the system are also stored on the key fob in use at the time the stations were stored. If your neighbor uses the key fobs interchangably, then he/she is going to have a different set of stations saved for each fob. ;)