PDA

View Full Version : 08 535xi Delivered

newbimmer
05-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Finally after about two months I took delivery of my 535xi on May 15.

First impression is wow, the power is smooth and easy some turbo lag but minimal.
Can feel that the car wants to run, although I will break in properly, but coming from driving my 530 pretty hard over the last month it sure is tough to do.

Interior upgrades are nice. The new seats in the sport package are fantastic. The Aircraft Joystick shifter takes some getting used to.

FYI, the cream beige interior is VERY LIGHT!
That will show a lot of dirt so anyone getting it I highly recommend the all-weather mats since it will be impossible to keep the carpeted mats clean. This actually makes the interior of the car look bigger (then the black that I previously had)

Love the Traffic Information, that is very cool and the programmable buttons are a nice addition also. It would be nice if you could program the Traffic Information on one of them (sicne I dont always drive in Navigation mode) so you can see the updates without having to change in the menu. You do get icons on the map in the small menu but none of the details (unless I am missing something)

It has been a long time since I had a dark color and I was quickly reminded of how hard it is to keep them clean. When I picked it up there was plenty of pollen on the car but the Monaco Blue is relly sharp IMO. It looks deep blue in the sun and nearly black at night. I am debating the clear bra (which I had on the Silver Gray and it didn't show much) but I don't have a frame of reference for how it will look on the dark color. So with the dark exterior and the light interior I will have some maintenance in front of me.

Will post some pictures soon since I have not had too much time to take pictures as I was spending all of my time driving it :) or working :cry:

m123xyz
05-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Congrats!

hate sound cliche but PICS please!!! esp interior love to see the beige.

gweiden
05-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Me too; we Bimmerfesters are very visual :-)

ANZAC_1915
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Very similar color combo to my Maserati ---- I've told my wife that she'll have to work to keep the cream beige interior on the 535 clean (where we live, all weather mats are pretty much mandatory year round anyway).

jonsibal
05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Congrats.

I'm def considering the 535i for my next car. I can't wait to see your Monaco Blue. I wanted the Carbon Black but unfortunately, it's only available for the 550. But Monaco Blue seems to be very close.

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Congrats.

I'm def considering the 535i for my next car. I can't wait to see your Monaco Blue. I wanted the Carbon Black but unfortunately, it's only available for the 550. But Monaco Blue seems to be very close.

Posted pics on another thread today. 2008 530xi Pics is the thread name.

Enjoy!!

Loomba
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Newbimmer,

Congrats on the new ride. I posted a few questions on your car in your picture thread, when you have a moment.