PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Bronze

badger8
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Does anyone know when this additional color would be available? Mentions of a delayed availability for Titanium Bronze in the '08 brochure. Might be an interesting color as it does not look quite as gold as some in the past. I like the tan interior but am done with the dark color cars for a while after my black E39 that I have now.

gweiden
05-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I think you are talking about Platinum Bronze. I believe it may be available in the June production - Check with your dealer.

ANZAC_1915
05-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Platinum bronze metallic (A53) indeed starts production June 1. Our platinum bronze 535xiT is hopefully scheduled for first week of June production.

Unfortunately we have no pictures of a 5 series in this color. The 3 series in this color is quite stunning though, in person.

badger8
05-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry on the color name, was going off recollection. So there are 3's on the lots in this color? That would be great, I can check those out in person then. Thanks.

ExGMan
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Sorry on the color name, was going off recollection. So there are 3's on the lots in this color? That would be great, I can check those out in person then. Thanks.
I've seen three in my Boston-area neighborhood...all with the darker brown interior. Looks very rich.:thumbup:

badger8
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks - I'll keep an eye out.

Kamdog
05-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I saw a 3 with it when I was looking. Unfortunately, it was too close to my gold Accord. It was gold with silver, somehow. It had its own charm, so I suggest calling a few dealers and seeing of someone has one on the lot. I am going with Monaco blue, but this color, and the titanium silver, really glowed in the sun.

ANZAC_1915
05-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I've seen three in my Boston-area neighborhood...all with the darker brown interior. Looks very rich.:thumbup:

I think you can also get the new X5 in it as well. I will of course post pics when we get the car. I think of it more of a champagne color, light gold.

badger8
05-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Funny on the Accord, I had one in that color as well. Honda has always had a misty beige color in the lineup. I'll have to see a 5 in person before going with it. It just gets tough if you want the light biege interior to avoid a dark exterior. My black E39 looks nice for about a day after busting my ass on it. Need a break.

lwall
05-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Platinum Bronze is available and already in production.

badger8
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Not that I'm surprised, but the last time I looked it could not be configured as such on the BMWNA site. Even though that would help, will still need to see it live. Afraid it may be a bit feminine.

ANZAC_1915
05-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Not that I'm surprised, but the last time I looked it could not be configured as such on the BMWNA site. Even though that would help, will still need to see it live. Afraid it may be a bit feminine.

My dealer was also unable to configure a car schedule for May to have the color.