PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Companies

jags
05-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a car shipping company for shipping from the Southwest to the SF Bay Area?

Many thanks,

stream
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I've used Horseless Carriage several times to ship my Porsches and they've done a great job. Intercity Lines also has a great reputation (they deliver many new Porsches to the dealers), although I haven't used them personally. Both companies have a big presence at Barrett-Jackson auctions and Pebble Beach.

One piece of advice is to not go cheap on car transportation--in this business, you get what you pay for. You want a fully enclosed trailer, a company that uses the same trailer to pick up and deliver your car (i.e. no transferring from one trailer to another), and request a top load.

And definitely stay away from Dependable Auto Shippers.

aficionado
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I used Thomas Sunday transportation from Virginia to Arizona. Covered trailers. No problems.

just google them.

vrrooom
05-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I have used Intercity on my movements of M cars from the south east to north east. They were on time, on both ends, and exercised extrodianary care with the cars, full body inspections and covers. My M cars were accompanied in the van with Austins on both shipments. The only advice I would have is make sure you have a large open place to load/unload as the cab with van is very long.