PDA

View Full Version : will replacing rf tyres make a difference to the ride

derwood
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
my wife has a chronic neck injury and can differentiate the ride between my current '04 525 and my previous 08' 528i. we both agree that the ride is more harsher and with the vehicle being relatively new i have to assume a lot of the road energy is coming thru the tyres.
has anyone had an experience of replacing the rf with new conventional tyres. i understand the disadvantage of the spare etc, but i need to find improvements in the ride of the car.
all comments appreciated.

stream
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
A while ago I replaced my RFTs with non-RFTs and the ride quality was noticeably less harsh. Since the sidewalls of RFTs are designed to support the weight of the car when deflated, they are very stiff, resulting in a harsh ride.

love330i
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Of course Bridgestone RE50 RFT is harder than a standard high performance tires! Common sense! Dude! Have a taken test drove your bimmer? I am sure you guys know that RFT is harsh ride than standard tires!

ChrisDressler
05-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Of course Bridgestone RE50 RFT is harder than a standard high performance tires! Common sense! Dude! Have a taken test drove your bimmer? I am sure you guys know that RFT is harsh ride than standard tires!

Believe it or not smart guy, not all of us know that. I too am new to the whole RF tire thing and didn't know the specifics either. The OP was merely asking a simple question. Maybe you could use some "common sense" and think first before you post.

Artful_Track
05-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Wait you traded in your 08 528 for a 04 525???

derwood
05-23-2007, 03:56 AM
oops
make that a 97 528i

iversonm
05-23-2007, 05:16 AM
First, what size tires do you have on the car? (i.e do you have the sport package?)

That may influence the advice you get. In general, you probably should look at getting a tire that is a little lower on the performance scale, as that will enhance ride at the expense of cornering and braking.

Your best resources is to browse through the Tirerack website. I've made two purchased from them, and they have about the finest customer service I've encountered.

The volume of information on that site is a bit formidable, so set aside some time to look at it carefully. Gary can also offer some advice on the Tires and Wheels forum. Tirerack's ordering staff offers advice as well, but I'd suggest doing your homework first.

quackbury
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Not sure the Tire Rack ships to Australia....

And did Chris Dressler actually tell someone from Beverly Hills to use common sense? Isn't that like telling Osama to eat pork?

iversonm
05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Oops. :dunno:

ChrisDressler
05-24-2007, 02:39 PM
And did Chris Dressler actually tell someone from Beverly Hills to use common sense? Isn't that like telling Osama to eat pork?

:lmao: :rofl: