PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy???

bimmerturn
05-20-2007, 09:42 AM
I have 2006 550i and a 2006 Z4M Roadster and been thinking of the M5 a lot lately. I love the performance of the Z4M and the space and luxury of the 550i and thinking that I should have one car and that the M5 would do the job. Don't get me wrong, i lover the convertible as well and might miss on that but been really thinking if i really need the two cars. Any of you went through this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :) :confused:

Tanin
05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I have 2006 550i and a 2006 Z4M Roadster and been thinking of the M5 a lot lately. I love the performance of the Z4M and the space and luxury of the 550i and thinking that I should have one car and that the M5 would do the job. Don't get me wrong, i lover the convertible as well and might miss on that but been really thinking if i really need the two cars. Any of you went through this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :) :confused:

I'd think you were crazy if you didn't want the M5.

However, the M engine and suspension can't overcome laws of physics and if you love the dynamics of a small vehicle you will miss the Z4M. I pined over the M5 for months before my purchased and still do. Running the numbers I figured I could have the M5 or a non –M and a weekend “toy.” IMO don’t replace weight for hp.

iversonm
05-20-2007, 11:19 AM
You probably are crazy.

However, you'll find good company here in the asylum. ;)

S54 M Rodie
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Keep what you have. It is the perfect blend of sporty every day driving and the sports car experience. For most people, the 550i is a better daily driver than the M5. Don't get me wrong, the M5 is awesome, but for daily work commuting and grocery getting, the 550 is all you need. The M5 needs to have its legs stretched out to be enjoyed and reach its potential, drinks mucho gas/oil and the SMG is not smooth in normal low rpm driving. I don't know what it means for the longevity of the M5 but BMW won't CPO it. Then there is the Z4M which gives you a drop top, fast and nimble and a great deal of fun to drive.

You are very fortunate to have that combo, I say keep it.

al

von_zoom
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I have to agree with the "keep what you've got" comments. The M5 is nice, however having driven the car (M5) several times on the road track(s), I was disapointed in the handling of the car under hard driving conditions. The car is heavy, no other way to discribe it, and all that weight cannot be offset with horse power. The M coupe is great, as is the M6, both are far better. If I were you, may I suggest you wait and check out the M3 when it becomes available. I think that will be the car!!!:thumbup:
vz

bimmerturn
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
In a way I knew that is what I am going to hear. :)

Thanks for the advice.