PDA

View Full Version : Crazy back-up and runner!

okiemark
05-20-2007, 11:17 AM
What do you do about this situation?

I left my '05 545i at the car wash yesterday, and when I return to pick it up 30 min later, there is a police car parked next to my vehicle :yikes: Turns out a girl had left her car for a wash and lube in front of mine, but she didn't want to pay for the lube---so she jumps in her car and starts backing up and going forward, hitting the cars in back (MINE! :mad: ) and took off without paying. The guy attending my car immediately backed mine out of the way to let her out (THANK YOU! :thumbup: )

So I talk to the police and everyone is looking at my car to see if there was damage---none of us can see anything except a scratch on the bumper...the license plate caught most of it. I told the policeman I would have my service department look at the car to see if there might be more damage underneath, and could I have the name of the person and report number. He said they were looking up the license plate, but he was not filing a report because there was no damage :dunno: I do have a police call number so I can go back and retrieve her name, if they will divulge it.

I couldn't bring myself to argue with the policeman, standing there with his body armor underneath his uniform. About all I could think of is how he might be saving me from armed robbery the next time! Think I will wash and vacuum it myself from now on!

JSpira
05-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Im sorry to hear this but you LEFT your car in someone elses car :eek:

The only car wash I go to, they pull the car into a big warehouse and wash by hand.

And what type of ,,lube`` does a car wash do? :dunno:

Good to hear there is no real damage.

okiemark
05-20-2007, 05:12 PM
This place does a nice hand wax job and cleans out the car plus armor-alls it. Not bad service, and I have never had a problem with them doing something wild or unexpected. I can't blame them for some crazy customer. But, you are right....I think I better just wash and wax and vacuum in my OWN driveway from now on! :eeps: