PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Washers

fp60
05-20-2007, 03:44 PM
OK... really stupid question...
How the heck do you activate the headlamp washers......?

:dunno: :dunno: :yikes: :dunno: :dunno:

schnell525
05-20-2007, 03:58 PM
while headlights or parking lights are on, pull the stalk to wash your windows.

it'll spray on your hood....not fun if you just detailed your car.

fp60
05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
thank you!!!! just got the car lastnight and its been pouring down here on and off since i picked it up. I will try em out.
:thumbup:

Kamdog
05-20-2007, 04:32 PM
If its pouring, why do you want the headlight WASHERS to go on, they aint wipers. The washers are real good in the winter up north, when all the schmutz from the road cakes up everything. When you have to use the washers on your windshield to get rid of the dirt and salt kicked up from the cars in front, use the headlight washers so you can see.

fp60
05-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Noooooooo!!! I just want to know how they work! With the weather down here... the rain acts as one HUGEEEEEEEEEE headlamp washer.

jschulman
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
thank you!!!! just got the car lastnight and its been pouring down here on and off since i picked it up. I will try em out.
:thumbup:

How do you like the ventilated seats? It isn't the middle of summer, but it must be getting hotter in Florida.

GolferEngineer
05-21-2007, 04:31 AM
OK... really stupid question...
How the heck do you activate the headlamp washers......?

:dunno: :dunno: :yikes: :dunno: :dunno:

OK, another question: How do I disable the headlight washers? I know I can turn off the headlights but I really don't like the headlight washers especially since when I clean my windshield at night in the summer to get rid of the bugs, the headlight washers come on and spray down the side of the car, etc. I asked in the DIY forum but no help.

fp60
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
JS!!! I love the vent seats!!! They keep my best assest cool! :)

jschulman
05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
JS!!! I love the vent seats!!! They keep my best assest cool! :)

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to try them out in LV heat until 2009 as my car won't be here until September (I doubt Germany in July will get very hot). I am sure they will be useful when it gets to be 115 here.

VW2545i
12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I am having a similar issue with my 545i. I've replaced the 2 fuses (17 and 28 I think), and I can hear the motors, but nothing is coming out. Reservoir is full. Is there anything I should be looking for?

Sean :)

GolferEngineer
12-03-2008, 09:34 AM
It would also be nice to be able to DEACTIVATE the headlight washers! Like a previous post mentioned: not good if you just detailed your car!

One suggestion is to turn off your lights when you want to wash the windshield - not a good idea at night.

BMW - are you listening?:D

momo_oo[][]oo
01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Can't get mine to work, not that I can see it but nothing sprays on my hood and I know how messy they get when activated. Do I have a malfunction?