PDA

View Full Version : 2008 535xi Pics

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Picked up the car on Tuesday and finally got around to taking some pics.

Sorry for the delay, I posted a mini-review last week and was scolded for no pics so here they are ! :)

Enjoy

gweiden
05-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Congrats...Picked ours up last Friday...she's a beauty. The bamboo trim looks different dependind on the lighting, the pic makes it look very brown, but it's actually a greyish brown.

stream
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Very nice--congrats to both.

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Congrats...Picked ours up last Friday...she's a beauty. The bamboo trim looks different dependind on the lighting, the pic makes it look very brown, but it's actually a greyish brown.

Very nice, good luck

Loomba
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats Newbimmer!

Your colour combination is exactly what I have chosen for mine. As such, I think it is awesome! LOL. Just ordered mine and will have to wait a few months, perhaps until August (yuck). The only difference is I went with the Bamboo trim.

I agree the Cream Beige makes the interior feel a lot bigger. I toyed with the Natural Brown but with all the black around the cockpit, it still felt too small. The wife also thought the Natural Brown was a bit too "orangy"... Personal preference, of course. Cream Beige feels/looks luxurious to me, and I thought I would never say that about a beige colour.

Two questions if I may:

1. I noticed you ordered the Sport Package but it looks like yours has the standard rims -- at least compated to Gweiden's. Can you confirm if I am missing something?

2. The clear plastic mats in your interior -- are those the BMW all weather mats?

thanks,
Loomba

Loomba
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM

Very sweet ride Gweiden! I agree/can confirm the Bamboo trim has more of a greyish look to it. The sport rims really complete the look of the car. I am envious you and Newbimmer will get to enjoy the summer in yours. My bad, I should have ordered sooner...

Enjoy!

BMWBluejay
05-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Very nice looking car. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Deutschecar
05-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Nice cars! Enjoy. Same sentiments on the Bamboo trim. Its definately more grey than brown. Looks great.

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Congrats Newbimmer!

Your colour combination is exactly what I have chosen for mine. As such, I think it is awesome! LOL. Just ordered mine and will have to wait a few months, perhaps until August (yuck). The only difference is I went with the Bamboo trim.

I agree the Cream Beige makes the interior feel a lot bigger. I toyed with the Natural Brown but with all the black around the cockpit, it still felt too small. The wife also thought the Natural Brown was a bit too "orangy"... Personal preference, of course. Cream Beige feels/looks luxurious to me, and I thought I would never say that about a beige colour.

Two questions if I may:

1. I noticed you ordered the Sport Package but it looks like yours has the standard rims -- at least compated to Gweiden's. Can you confirm if I am missing something?

2. The clear plastic mats in your interior -- are those the BMW all weather mats?

thanks,
Loomba

Loomba, Thanks

Answers 1. Ordered 535xi so RF tires are not part of the package for the sport option, so you don't get 18 in. rims either. I noticed that also, the day I picked it up and then the dealer confirmed that the 18 in RF are not an option for 535xi

2. No the mats are temporary, the all weather maps are on order.

Thanks, hang in there the wait will go fast.

gweiden
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
The rims I ordered with the run flats (from the 2007 550 - Style 124) are available for the 535xi as an upgrade, but you must order the Sports Package to get them. It was about $600 more.

ANZAC_1915
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Picked up the car on Tuesday and finally got around to taking some pics.

Sorry for the delay, I posted a mini-review last week and was scolded for no pics so here they are ! :)

Enjoy

Is that dash the light poplar or the normal dark poplar?

Loomba
05-21-2007, 07:33 PM
The rims I ordered with the run flats (from the 2007 550 - Style 124) are available for the 535xi as an upgrade, but you must order the Sports Package to get them. It was about $600 more.

In Canada, the Sports Package ($2000 CDN !!) includes the Style 124, 18 inch rims with RFT's and also includes the High-Gloss Shadow Line.

I wish I knew why BMW's seem so much more expensive in Canada than the U.S. The economists are predicting the Canadian dollar may be close to par with the U.S. dollar in the next 18 months or so (it's about 91 cents now). Maybe someone should start looking at buying in the U.S. and importing...

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Is that dash the light poplar or the normal dark poplar?

Normal Dark Poplar

newbimmer
05-21-2007, 09:02 PM

I wasn't given that choice. :tsk: Would have liked the 18 inch rims but the run flats on an AWD car was something I was worried about anyhow. The need to get winter tires for an AWD didn't seem to make much sense to me :confused: . In the end I am satisfied with the tires and rim combo and I won't need a second set of tires. :thumbup:

gweiden
05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I Understand; you make good points - I planned from the beginning to purchase a second set of wheels and winter tires.

LeMansX5
05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Nice car! My dealer told me that I will get style 18" 124 with 535xi sports pack. So if you order 535xi with sports package you can get style 124 wheels but have to pay extra $600, right? I did not pay extra. My dealer better give me style 124 or I don't take the car.:(

gweiden
06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
The 535xi comes standard with 17 x 7.5 Star Spoke (Style 243) cast alloy wheels, 225/50R-17 all-season tires. If you want the 18's, you have to not only order the Sport Package, but you pay an additional $600 for those staggered tires and rims.

LeMansX5
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
The 535xi comes standard with 17 x 7.5 Star Spoke (Style 243) cast alloy wheels, 225/50R-17 all-season tires. If you want the 18's, you have to not only order the Sport Package, but you pay an additional $600 for those staggered tires and rims.
I ordered the sports package and showed the style 124 wheels in brochure to the dealer telling him that these are wheels I want and he said since you have ordered sports package you will get style 124 and did not ask me to pay more but after reading this I may have a surprise at delivery time. :(