PDA

View Full Version : How do I know all doors are securely closed?

parodielin
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Folks,

I'm a new 08 528xi owner and this is our first BMW. I drove a Honda Accord where it has a dash board display telling the driver if any door is open or not securely closed, including the truck lid.

Does my 5 series provide the same information?

Thanks!

gweiden
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Folks,

I'm a new 08 528xi owner and this is our first BMW. I drove a Honda Accord where it has a dash board display telling the driver if any door is open or not securely closed, including the truck lid.

Does my 5 series provide the same information?

Thanks!

Yes it does - I found this out last weekend, one of my back doors wasn't shut completely - It told me :cool:

parodielin
05-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes it does - I found this out last weekend, one of my back doors wasn't shut completely - It told me :cool:

How did it tell you? Do you have to "move" the car first and it tells you?

nahugry
05-22-2007, 11:51 AM
When you look on the iDrive display, it should have a little warning mark on the bottom left of the screen. Also, it should tell you on the instrumental cluster. (I've never had to have the car tell me my doors or trunk lid was open, but iDrive display and the instrumental cluster is normally where it tell me of all other things that the car wants me to know such as seat belt)
Hondas are great cars, but BMW happens to be better... so you can safely assume that if Honda has it, then so does a bimmer

gweiden
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
As I recall, it showed up on the dash and there was an open door alarm sound as well. You're covered :-)

iversonm
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Hondas are great cars, but BMW happens to be better... so you can safely assume that if Honda has it, then so does a bimmer

Except a dipstick! :D

530dsport
05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
oh F F sake :cry: :dunno: :mad: :tsk: :bigpimp: :bawling: :eeps: :angel: