PDA

View Full Version : How To Negotiate A Good Deal??

Artful_Track
05-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Every car I had I've got beaten the only luck I ever had with purchasing a car is my current 5-series which really wasn't alot of luck, the sales person only took 500 off MSRP. only because of some rebate they had going on at the time of purchasing my car. I've been on this site for a while and I've been seeing people say they have gotten thousands off of their cars, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips and pointers on how to negotiate a better price for a car and payless.

Bart001
05-24-2007, 03:23 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/78386/page001.html

Starab
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Every car I had I've got beaten the only luck I ever had with purchasing a car is my current 5-series which really wasn't alot of luck, the sales person only took 500 off MSRP. only because of some rebate they had going on at the time of purchasing my car. I've been on this site for a while and I've been seeing people say they have gotten thousands off of their cars, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips and pointers on how to negotiate a better price for a car and payless.

ALSO, Go to forum BEST DEALS by alpha on this site

citygirl
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Try www.carbuyingtips.com and www.fightingchance.com

iversonm
05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Simple advice:

1. Pay attention to *when* cars are most affordable. You'll get a better deal on an '07 model in October. Buy a convertible in January.

2. Stay away from the hottest models. Supply and demand reign supreme. A good way to gauge this is to look at lease rates on "Ask-A-Dealer," regardless of whether you plan to lease. The models with low rates are likely the models they want to move.

3. Be flexible. You might have to compromise on colors or options.

Artful_Track
05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks Guys you were really helpful!

okiemark
05-25-2007, 04:33 AM
The real key to getting a bimmer under MSRP is to be ready to walk out the door.

1. offer cash for a car on their lot after adding up all the options and determining the invoice price.

2. set offer at $1000 over invoice

3. be willing to walk out and go to the audi dealer and saab dealer and volvo dealer, etc and tell them how much over invoice bimmer is willing to sell

4. go back to the bimmer dealer and offer cash for x amount over invoice, and walk out if they don't bargain

If you are wedded to bimmer, you can try calling all the dealerships you can, but when you have decided on the car, you are if their court. This is grandfather's technique--he used to sell cars.

Starab
05-25-2007, 05:26 AM
U live close to a big city(eg. NY, Chicago ,Dallas) with more than 2 dealer-? good chance

stream
05-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Another point--car salesmen have monthly quotas, so buying a car from inventory in the last few days of the month has worked very for me on a few occasions. ;)

Russ Williams
05-25-2007, 09:35 AM
If you have to buy new then I cannot offer any advice. However, if you are willing to let someone else eat a chunk of the depreciation then I strongly recommend finding a good broker. It will save you BIG money.

PowerOv5
05-29-2007, 12:04 AM
It would have been nice to read this before I bought my 5, some good insight but I still think I negotiated a great deal for my 08. 20k down 688/mo 6yrs