PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Damaged

B2Blain
05-24-2007, 12:09 AM
So I've had my 530i since September and was driving home from work when a rock flew and hit my windshield. I have no idea where the rock came from since the pickup I was following was relatively far a head of me. But I guess it doesn't matter. I stopped and noticed three small pits taken out of my windshield.

Is there a way to rectify the problem? If not then is this something comprehensive insurance covers - even though it is not cracked? I would think it would be pretty expensive to install a new windshield.

newbimmer
05-24-2007, 06:06 AM
So I've had my 530i since September and was driving home from work when a rock flew and hit my windshield. I have no idea where the rock came from since the pickup I was following was relatively far a head of me. But I guess it doesn't matter. I stopped and noticed three small pits taken out of my windshield.

Is there a way to rectify the problem? If not then is this something comprehensive insurance covers - even though it is not cracked? I would think it would be pretty expensive to install a new windshield.

I would imagine you can use Novus or some windshield repair. That is generally covered by your comprehensive and insurance will generally pay for this over the windshield since I assume you have full glass coverage.

If the pits are small after the repair it would be almost un-noticeable after the repair.

mason
05-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Exactly, what extend of the damages does your car sustain? A few chips? If it does, you can go to off the stree shop like Safelite to repair. It may cost less than $100.

I had a similar episode, it had a starburst on the windshield. I had it replaced. As for insurance, it depends on your state. Some states insurances have Glass Option. Some states don't, you would have to rely on your comprehensive insurance. Of course, in that case, you would have to pay for the deductible.