PDA

View Full Version : E60 Service Overdue Light Reset

Tweed E60
05-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Somebody please help!!!!!!

I have recently purchased an E60 530d M Sport on 54 plate. The car was overdue a service when I purchased it. Can anyone show me how to reset the service lights.

The car has been serviced but the garage (not BMW) cannot work out how to reset.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graeme

Charles
05-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Do you have a push button start? If so insert the FOB and push the start button without starting the vehicle. Don't put your foot on the brake if Auto and don't engage clutch if manual. Then press the trip reset on the instrument cluster and hold for about 10-15 seconds. Look in the middle of your dash near the odometer and you should see different symbols as you push the button just scroll through and when you find what you want to reset hold the button until it resets. If you have a key ignition I believe you just turn it on and do the same thing.

zen68
05-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I used instructions from this thread (scroll down to post #23) and it worked perfectly!

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17756&st=15&p=193584***entry193584

Caution: the hidden service menu only gives you symbols so be careful to reset the correct service reminder (if you change oil then reset ONLY oil change symbol). Otherwise, that can mess you up.