PDA

View Full Version : $1500 to Spend on Mods---What Would You Do?

SoCalM5Mang
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Whassup?

As some of you know.......

Just got an 08 550i Space Gray with Black Dakota Leather-Steptronic w-Sport Pckg and loaded.
(Pic is before Tint and Powder Coating Rims)

I've already tinted her(Carbon Fiber Medium Black) and tomorrow I'm having my 19' M Rims powder coated "GUN METAL".

I'm looking for some input on how to best spend another $1.5k on making her "better".

"Better" can come from:

___Exterior Aesthetics(the new 550i has the M Shadow Line Trim already)
___Engine/Torque Improvement(software remapping-ECU Reflash etc)
___Interior Additional Cargo Space or Stand to Hold my Q(soon to be i-Phone)
___Anything Else You can Come Up With

I'd appreciate your thoughts and input.

SoCal

heavymike3
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Add the deck lid spoiler from the M5 and also the 2008 BMW stainless accented pedals, I love how both of those mods look on my alpine white 08 550i.

I would be interested to hear how much of an increase you get from the re-mapping. Also AFE has an intake for the 550i, which is claiming something like 11 pounds of torque and 10 hp, and it is through most of the curve. The site is afefilters.com

Swift
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Get the Ipod integrated software if you don't have it already.

JorCam
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Interested to see the product of 19' M Rims powder coated "GUN METAL".

I just ordered the M5 lip spoiler. When I get my car in a couple of weeks, I will add the accented pedals and the lighted sidesteps.

Please post pic's!

fourfourtwo
05-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Where are you guys obtaining the BMW stainless accented pedals? Cost? What do you think about the AC Schnitzer product available through bavarian autosport? How difficult to self install as drilling seems to be required? (I've ordered a 08 550i Sport with 6MT)

Thanks

heavymike3
05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Just go to the dealer and show them parts department that you want the pedals in the X5 add-on booklet. They will then see what you are talking about and order them for the 5 series I think they were about 150. It is a new gas pedal and a cover for the brake.