PDA

View Full Version : 535i w/Natural Leather?

smhoer
05-26-2007, 07:40 AM
I am planning to order a 535i in Black next month. I really like the picture of the natural brown leather interior in the US 5 series brochure. However, none of the dealers in my area have any in stock to look at (Raleigh, NC).

Does anyone have some good pictures they can post? I have only found a couple shots in the forums and they have been overexposed making the leather look very light or orange tinted. If I don't get the natural leather interior I will go for a Platinum Grey w/black interior.

Tanin
05-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I am planning to order a 535i in Black next month. I really like the picture of the natural brown leather interior in the US 5 series brochure. However, none of the dealers in my area have any in stock to look at (Raleigh, NC).

Does anyone have some good pictures they can post? I have only found a couple shots in the forums and they have been overexposed making the leather look very light or orange tinted. If I don't get the natural leather interior I will go for a Platinum Grey w/black interior.

You will have a difficult time finding that color on an E60. New color for '08 and not commonly ordered. One suggestion might be is to call around and see if a dealer has a used E46 3 series with Natural Brown. They offered it on the 3 series for a few years and there should be some trade-ins at a few dealerships.

My last car had NB and I tried numerous times to capture the true color with no success. There is no hint of orange and the contrast with the black two tones looks great.

Regardless, its beautiful in person and highly recommended as an interior color. I ordered it sight unseen and never had a regret.

Id also suggest Anthracite Headliner with that interior.

Have fun with your purchase

maug1
05-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Here is a website that has pictures from my European Delivery showing my '08 535--Monaco Blue w/natural brown leather. Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7883516@N06/sets/72157600110530988/

smhoer
05-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Tanin and Maug1,
Have you seen the picture of the natural brown interior in the brochure? Is that an accurate representation of the color? It looks great in the brochure and it that is an accurate representation I will order sight unseen.

gweiden
05-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Attached some pics...the best way to describe the true color of natural brown is "peanut butter".

gweiden
05-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Here you go!

maug1
05-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Smhoer--
I haven't seen the brochure but my pictures and the others posted are accurate.

JTJ
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I had ordered the natural brown dakota leather in my 535i based on what was shown in the brochure and the BMW Canadian website, after seeing the pictures that have been posted, I drove to my dealership to see if they had finally received a sample. They had one that was natural brown merino leather for the M5/M6 that looked exactly like the one in the brochure. According to the sales manager it will be the same coloration for the 535i but the grain might be a little different.

From the pictures above, the natural brown almost looks more like the saddle brown that is available in the 6 series. The dealership had a 6 series convertible on the showroom floor that had a platinum metallic with the saddle brown and it looked great!