PDA

View Full Version : need help building my motor for turbo

bmwe36turbo
05-27-2007, 04:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have my motor out and money is not an issue i would like to build my motor to handle alot of boost were do i start if some one could give me a patrts list part numbers etc... pistons.... intake manifold throttlebody ... turbo parts.. and how tos it would be awesome thanks i have a 92 e36 325is 2.5 thanks

BIMMERUSAM5
05-28-2007, 05:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have my motor out and money is not an issue i would like to build my motor to handle alot of boost were do i start if some one could give me a patrts list part numbers etc... pistons.... intake manifold throttlebody ... turbo parts.. and how tos it would be awesome thanks i have a 92 e36 325is 2.5 thanks

What is alot of boost for you? How much horse power are you looking to have? What turbo do you want to use?

bmwe36turbo
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
i would like to get around 400 whp so what ever i have to do... i have the whole motor taken apart now and am ready for the next step does anyone know what is next.

BIMMERUSAM5
05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
i would like to get around 400 whp so what ever i have to do... i have the whole motor taken apart now and am ready for the next step does anyone know what is next.

E36 325 T25 Garret ball bearing Turbo
wastegate
casted manifold
heat shield
down pipe
map unit (if needed)
fuel pressure reg.(if needed)
aluminum piping
stainless steel braided lines for water and oil lines for turbo
return hose for oil to pan
vaccum /pressure lines
hoses, clamps
connectors
injectors and interface
fuel control unit with turbo timer
blowoff valve
intercooler
piping for intercooler
boost controller
some gauges
fittings

This will give a gain of 50% hp.

Are you planning on doing all this yourself (install)?

///M3Tifosi
06-22-2007, 07:16 AM

if money is not an issue u can get alot more than 400 horsepower. i would do lower compression pistons and con rods, head gasket and arp studs, 3 angle valve job, and replace any worn parts ie bearings, valves, springs, timing chain and related parts. dont forget the clutch and flywheel combo and diff support.

former 240 s14
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM

My suggestion if money is not an issue is to contact Active Autowerke or a reputable BMW tuner. They do this for a living and probably can answer this in length in their sleep. You also need to decide what type of setup you are preparing this install for....drag, autocross, road track, drift ext... You can verify your setups and will want to modify your motor's internals (compression, cam duration, etc) to fit accordling with your desired setup. This is why its even more important to do your homework first ;).

Goodluck and be safe!

Rubin

JC5
07-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Try looking at http://www.vacmotorsports.com/

mrsweden
07-31-2007, 03:07 AM
Well i dont wanna kill all u guys!
What u need is a

Prices in dollar New/used

Head gasket MLS 3,5mm 300
Turbo 800/400
IC 500/100
Mainfold 1400/600
400cc ingectors 100/10 each When u are looking for used once BIG engine volyme few cylinders. At least 3.0 Inlet 6cyl turbo like the supra! Can find old once from the older model. good tips junk yard Asian kids cant drive hehe
And turn up your fule pressure! screwdriver 10/1
wastegate
Oil in let out let 2 the turbo. 100/20
You ll not need a chip or map the unit it ll work mechanical if you turn up the fule pressure! up till 3 bar if u have 400 cc ingectors. around 0,8 bar at the turbo. When u install the bigger uingectors u need 2 dissconnect the battery and then when u start the engine let it map itself on idel and repeat that moment 5 times!
Turbo boost u need a boost meter start at 0,4bar and increas till you reach a good power!

Megasquirt is a after market EMS. 1000/400

around 4000/1800

Just let me know if u need some help and i can ship parts from sweden also!

Mags Of Sweden