PDA

View Full Version : Special order interior

smhoer
05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Has anyone tried to order special interiors for their 535? I am interested in #NAF1 Tobacco Nappa Leather. It is an option for the 535 on the UK website and looks great.

bselman
05-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I just ordered for my boss a 535xi, Platinum Gray with Natural Brown....

according to the brochure, its not a combo thats allowed, but my dealer said he would try...and I haven't received a phone call to say no, YET....

///M Rakete
05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I just ordered for my boss a 535xi, Platinum Gray with Natural Brown....

according to the brochure, its not a combo thats allowed, but my dealer said he would try...and I haven't received a phone call to say no, YET....

After taling with my CA it seems that color combinations in the brochure are simply recommendations, a dealer can apparently put in a non-conforming order. After all they take the risk if the customer decides he/she doesn't like it when it arrives. I was thinking about this same combination but I've decided to go with a black interior. I don't like the anthracite bamboo as much as I do the anthracite maple and so I'm hoping it disappears more into an all black interior plus the two-tone nature of the Natural Brown scheme seems like it might get old after a while. Just my opinion which I recommend you ignore.

FloridaBimmer
05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Has anyone tried to order special interiors for their 535? I am interested in #NAF1 Tobacco Nappa Leather. It is an option for the 535 on the UK website and looks great.

Take a look at the picture of my 550i below. If you check the order brochure for the 2007 you'll find that the color combination that I selected for the car is "not offered." But (excuse my big but) BMW will order you just about anything that you want. My car is Titanium Silver with Auburn interior (sort of a baseball glove brown) and it was not offered on either the order sheet or the BMW web site. My dealer just ordered that car that way and there was no problem what so ever. You can also track your car is it moves through the various stages of build and shipment by entering your order number. Mine showed the exterior and interior colors that I picked from day one.

So go for it, I've never heard of the dealership taking an order that was turned down and I've owned new Bimmers since the 70's

Good Luck :drive: