PDA

View Full Version : Gps

sak
05-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi
i don't hv GPS built in my 530i , but am planning to buy one , i need some recommendations please. wud it be hooked to my car's bluetooth sys?
anything i shud be looking for ?
any help wud be appreciated.
thanx
Sak

fabby
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I bought the Garmin Nuvi 370 with european and US maps for about $580. It is a very nice portable unit with bluetooth. It is less if you dont need the europe maps. They have a larger 670 series with a slightly larger screen. I found the screen size to be fine, as most of the time I was listening to the voice prompts.

merklebob
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
i use a garmin street pilot III and find its a usuable size for my 3, 5, 6 to my 6 series. the newer 2820 series has the blue tooth for phone hook up and the traffic system. i find the garmin is actually better than the bmw nav on long trips. i actual use both on cross country trips [seattle to pittsburg].

ExGMan
06-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I have a 2007 530xi with NAV, but also have a Garmin Streetpilot 2820 which I use in my other car, and put into the BMW on long trips. I find the Garmin is a lot smarter than the BMW system, more flexible, and with a much easier user interface, i.e. touchscreen. The 2820 is probably dated now (it's a year old, but still quite useful). I'd look at the Nuvi 660 series...larger screen, runs on batteries outside the car, and like the 2820, you can get maps for just about anywhere you might expect to drive. :thumbup:

Alpha
06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
I love my wife’s Nuvi. Much faster to program then the factory bmw. Has its own Bluetooth speaker phone. Larger then the 300 series. 3 x 5 x 1/2. Speaker in it is fine without linking it to the car. Big joke today is I could use the suction cup mount to mount it over the stock 535 unit.:rofl:

bimmerguy288
06-03-2007, 05:12 AM
I love my wife’s Nuvi. Much faster to program then the factory bmw. Has its own Bluetooth speaker phone. Larger then the 300 series. 3 x 5 x 1/2. Speaker in it is fine without linking it to the car. Big joke today is I could use the suction cup mount to mount it over the stock 535 unit.:rofl:

I would pick the Garmin nuvi 670 I have over the GPS in my 06 750 in a heartbeat. The BMW GPS is a joke.

Spyder
06-03-2007, 01:46 PM
My 650 is the first car I've ever owned with OEM Nav. Up until this car, I've used the original Tom Tom Go unit in all my cars, including rentals here and in Europe. The Tom Tom was the original touch-screen GPS. I bought right after it was introduced at the CES years ago. Entering addies in it is still far easier than the awful controller-based entry used by BMW. But, the BMW Nav has the wonderful feature of being integrated with the HUD.

kevinp
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi
i don't hv GPS built in my 530i , but am planning to buy one , i need some recommendations please. wud it be hooked to my car's bluetooth sys?
anything i shud be looking for ?
any help wud be appreciated.
thanx
Sak

Fellow Marylander,

I have a 2007 530 w/o nav and I love the Garmin C330. Rechargeable battery (lasts about 5-6 hours), and fits nicely adjacent to the A-pillar.

Try Boat-US, Kmart, Boaters World or Amazon for the best prices!