PDA

View Full Version : Can you add the M Body kit to a 535 Factory Order?

cvb
05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
If so, how much $?

Anthony517
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I believe so im pretty sure its $2600 painted and installed. That is what my dealer charged me.

nahugry
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM
The simple answer would be yes you can. However, the cost would be significant, and you'll end up with a feeling of embarassment of having a "wannabe" M5 everytime you see a real M5 and other 5ers, plus your dreading for the rest of the time you own the car hoping that it really was an M5, eventually growing to hate your car...but being attached to it. It would be bad for resale value as well.
The complete bodykit alone would be over $2000 for a standard grade material and sizing, and even higher for quality grade material and sizing that really would make the bodykit look like it came with the car and won't crack everytime you scrape the curb. Plus painting and installation from a reputable place will put you near $5k mark.

Deutschecar
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I see a 530 in my garage every day, with the body kit and wheels that look just like my car (08 550). Needless to say, it looks great, and exactly like my car (color different, slightly).

vegastrashed
05-29-2007, 12:43 PM
The simple answer would be yes you can. However, the cost would be significant, and you'll end up with a feeling of embarassment of having a "wannabe" M5 everytime you see a real M5 and other 5ers, plus your dreading for the rest of the time you own the car hoping that it really was an M5, eventually growing to hate your car...but being attached to it. It would be bad for resale value as well.

I'm sorry but this is an ignorant statement. You are implying that all new 08 550i with the Sport package is a "wannabe" M5? There is nothing wrong or embarrassing wanting the M-Tech Aero kit on a non-M5 e60. One of my closest friend has a M5 and he and I roll up alongside all the time. Am I embarrassed to have M5 mirrors and a M5 rear bumper, do I need to justify my reason why I have these parts to you? No. Please open your eyes and enlighten yourself.

vegastrashed
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I believe so im pretty sure its $2600 painted and installed. That is what my dealer charged me.
You have the 2007 530. He's asking about the 2008 LCI 535i. It's not the same exact M-Tech Aero kit. Slight differences. Anyhow, I'm sure that there is an option to buy the LCI M-Tech Aero kit and have it installed at the VPC. And, it will be quite expensive.

SC400
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Maybe nahugry is a wannabe, afraid to be a wannabe. Pretty silly comments anyway.

I have an M-Tech Aero Kit on order for my 535xi that is currently in transit from my ED. The 2008 cars bodies are just slightly different from the 2007's, making the 2007 Aero-Kit un-useable for the 2008's. I have spoken to both BMW Customer Service as well as my CA. Both inform me that the kit for the 2008's are not yet available, and they do not know when they will become available. Hopefully before my car reaches the states. Installation is less expensive at the the port or the PDC than at the dealer.

BTW nahugry, Bmw only makes one quality Aero Kit, only third party wannabe aero-kits might offer different materials to cut the quality and cost.

cvb
05-29-2007, 07:40 PM
SC400,

How much was the kit?

ademitt
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
The M kit, I have read, is currently unavailable for install at VPC (535 only) due to supply issues. It will likely be available once production is fully up and running and inventory is built up.

I posted a picture of a 535xi with MSport package that I took at my dealer earlier (Msport is a factory option in Canada). Vegastrashed is correct, the front bumper is slightly different than the previous incarnation.

Pic attached for reference.

5Thirty
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
....and you'll end up with a feeling of embarassment of having a "wannabe" M5 everytime you see a real M5 and other 5ers, plus your dreading for the rest of the time you own the car hoping that it really was an M5, eventually growing to hate your car...
The complete bodykit alone would be over $2000 for a standard grade material and sizing, and even higher for quality grade material and sizing that really would make the bodykit look like it came with the car and won't crack everytime you scrape the curb. Plus painting and installation from a reputable place will put you near $5k mark.

The fact is a 5 series with the M-Tech kit looks better than one without, regardless of whether it "looks" like a M5 or not. Not everyone wanting a M-tech kit are hoping that it really was an M5 (that was a stupid comment! and I am sure thats what you think). Can you imagine if they start calling their sunroof a M-tech sunroof? So everyone who wants a sunroof will become a M5 wannabe, and will be embarrassed to get one?! That sounds just so retarded. I understand where you are coming from, but only if they do the whole package (i.e. a real M5 kit, dual muffler, M5 rims, M5 mirrors AND with the M5 badge (this is the most important factor)...then he shall be flamed and he should feel embarrassed. Otherwise, he is not tricking anyone to believe hes driving a M5, the person who thinks its a M5 is just a complete dumba$$.
Also, the kit alone is less than $2k, if you ordered together with the car, painted and installed total price was a little over $3k depending on your dealer (sometimes could be less) So its not what you said $2k for kit and $5k for paint and installation.

SteVTEC
05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
The fact is a 5 series with the M-Tech kit looks better than one withoutNo that's still an opinion, but I do agree with the rest of your post. :D

SC400
05-30-2007, 07:45 PM
SC400,

How much was the kit?

Sorry I don't have the paperwork in front of me at this time. I believe it is either $2696 or $2995 painted and installed at the port or at the VPC in Spartanburg. If it isn't available by the time by car returns from ED it will have to be done by the dealership. In this case it would be sent to an outside body shop, as my selling dealer doesn't do this type of work in house. Hope that helps.

petesamprs
05-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Anyone know if you can add it to a lease order such that it will be factored into the residual?

HPIA4v2
05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
You ordered the M-kit for 535/528 MY2008 right?
Do you know the option # for this kit?
Thanks.

italia550i
05-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Anyone know if you can add it to a lease order such that it will be factored into the residual?

I was told only $400 of the kit would be residualized. Cost was about $3k.

I priced a 535 with the kit, the 550 wheels (only $1000 of the wheels would be residualized, price was also about $3k), sport pack, sport auto, HD radio, and anthracite(sp) headliner and the lease payment I was quoted was about $1100 for 36 months with $2500 down.

In contrast, a 550 with the sports pack, and the same options as listed above was about $900/month with the same terms. So... looks like I will just go with the 550..

SC400
05-31-2007, 06:53 AM
You ordered the M-kit for 535/528 MY2008 right?
Do you know the option # for this kit?
Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know the # for the Aero-Kit. I just told our CA that we wanted it. He told us that it would be a port or VPC installation after the car returned from our ED but would not be installed in Germany. I didn't see it, or a part # on the accessory listing.