PDA

View Full Version : 04/04 530 production date?

imposs
05-29-2007, 08:03 PM
The BMW vehicle history report shows a production date of 04/04. It has Nav, but no BT.

Can I add BT? I thought that cars made 04/04 and later had BT?

MRV99
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
If you have option 0639 (BMW Assist) all you should have to do is have the Bluetooth activated in the Progman and you will be good to go. You will have to pay for the PROGMAN update unless you look in the forums and see what promblems you need to tell the SA when you bring in the car. If the "issues you have" are fixed in the newer updates you will just have to tell them to activate the Bluetooth when the do the update. I have an 03/04 build date and I had them activate the Bluetooth when the installed my IPOD adapter w/ Progman 20.0.4. BMW Assist provides the microphone so if you don't have the option you will have to pay for the microphone install.

Search the forums for the progman update and search over at www.e60.net for the service bulletin which will prove to the dealer that your car has Bluetooth capability. Bill Jacobs in Naperville told me I could not and needed a new TCU and the SA argued w/ me about my wrong interpretation of the Service Bulletin. Took it to Perillo in Chicago and they said No problem.

stream
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Standard BT in the US started with MY05. For your car, you need to have the dealer update progman, and then retrofit "Tel Bluetooth" (they should know what that means...).

Once that's done you need to activate BT and pair the phone, as I described the other day in another post.

imposs
05-30-2007, 05:49 AM
I do have BMW assist, but opted out of the $199/year BMW assist service. Do I need to have the service activated, or just the option installed?

The is perfect bc the dealer's picking up the car to detail it - I'm heading over to the E60 link now.... thanks.

imposs
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
talked to the dealer - he said $145 to upgrade - is it even worth it?????

ademitt
05-30-2007, 03:02 PM
It is worth it if you want the hands free BT feature in your car. I have had it in both of my 5ers. I paid to have a TCU changed in my 03/04 production E60 because I thought the feature was worth the investment.

Kamil[CA]
01-07-2011, 07:56 AM
i have 545i SMG with Nav everything what i need to do it's just replace the TCU and update the CIP?