PDA

View Full Version : 98 M3 Aux input for Ipod?

Lanman
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I would like to hook my Ipod into the factory HK system without loosing sound quality. I know the DICE kit is an option, but is there a way to plug into the system w/o an integration kit such as DICE? I was thinking there may be a way to run an aux input through the CD changer...anyone have experience with this? In a past vehicle I ran a wire up through the center console and would hook this to my ipod, hoping this will work in this car as well. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Technic
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I would like to hook my Ipod into the factory HK system without loosing sound quality. I know the DICE kit is an option, but is there a way to plug into the system w/o an integration kit such as DICE? I was thinking there may be a way to run an aux input through the CD changer...anyone have experience with this? In a past vehicle I ran a wire up through the center console and would hook this to my ipod, hoping this will work in this car as well. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

The DICE goes thru the CD Changer port, gives you control of the iPod and an AUX port... :confused:

If you don't care about controlling the iPod from your radio then this is another alternative: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzbmwmlink1v1.html

tom @ eas
06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
For not much more - you'd be in DICE territory. With a simple AUX kit, you're really missing out on the features DICE has to offer.

Lanman
06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the responses...this is exactly what i was looking for