PDA

View Full Version : iPod Location - Looking for Suggestions

TopDown
05-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Completed install of HD DICE in Z4MR. Installed HD antenna on passenger side windshield. Installed HD DICE Receiver under dash behind glovebox. Ran Vehicle Interface Cable from CD Changer connector in trunk, along console, to HD DICE Receiver.

Everything is cleanly installed - no visible wires, etc. One last thing - where to locate the iPod? Here are the choices so far:
a) in the glovebox (would require drilling 5/8" hole in same place that BMW iPod interface requires).
b) on the dash, using ProClip Angled Mount and Holder.
c) in the ashtray (would require mod'ing the ashtray).

Any suggestions? Anyone recommend another solution? Thanks.

RichardP
06-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Mine is in the center arm rest

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.parkinson7/IV/Arm%20Rest%20iPod%20Install/DSC_0461a.jpg

el_duderino
06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Richard, what is the brand name for that iPod cover? I like...

tom @ eas
06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Completed install of HD DICE in Z4MR. Installed HD antenna on passenger side windshield. Installed HD DICE Receiver under dash behind glovebox. Ran Vehicle Interface Cable from CD Changer connector in trunk, along console, to HD DICE Receiver.

Everything is cleanly installed - no visible wires, etc. One last thing - where to locate the iPod? Here are the choices so far:
a) in the glovebox (would require drilling 5/8" hole in same place that BMW iPod interface requires).
b) on the dash, using ProClip Angled Mount and Holder.
c) in the ashtray (would require mod'ing the ashtray).

Any suggestions? Anyone recommend another solution? Thanks.

d) In the center storage compartment. I would prefer the iPod was hidden since you have a Roadster. If the top is left down and an iPod cradle is in sight - it's an open invitation to thieves.

The iPod can go in the glovebox as well.

RichardP
06-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Richard, what is the brand name for that iPod cover? I like...

It was just a cheapy off e-bay, no brand as such. The seller is no longer registered, this is the nearest I can find now : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Butterfly-Silicon-Case-for-Ipod-Video-inc-Belt-Clip_W0QQitemZ320121713969QQihZ011QQcategoryZ56170 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem The seller I got it from did them in all sorts of colors, maybe that seller can source one in a color or design that you want.