PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on MK4 NAV refit on 2001 X5 w/MK3

nekountze
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
My 2001 X5 (produced 04/2001) has a MK3 cd based Nav system in the rear, and I need some advice on replacing it with a MK4 DVD based computer I ordered. What precautions (re:electrical) should I take before removing the old MK3 computer? DIsconnecrt battery?

Also, what is the BMW Nav map verison 2007.2 part number for the DVD map of USA? Is it the High system (because it is not in the dash) or professional DVD I need? I believe it is the high version, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance.

tom @ eas
06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
My 2001 X5 (produced 04/2001) has a MK3 cd based Nav system in the rear, and I need some advice on replacing it with a MK4 DVD based computer I ordered. What precautions (re:electrical) should I take before removing the old MK3 computer? DIsconnecrt battery?

Also, what is the BMW Nav map verison 2007.2 part number for the DVD map of USA? Is it the High system (because it is not in the dash) or professional DVD I need? I believe it is the high version, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Always disconnect the battery when performing electrical work such as this. Otherwise, everything is a simple Plug and Play swap.

You will need the high version and not professional.