PDA

View Full Version : Need help with E39 Navi

WickedA2
06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello Guys/Girls,

I need your help. I tried the search without much results in the area I need help in. I recently bought a 03 530I. The previous owner took the factory radio out and swapped it with a Clarion head unit with cd and serius (spell?) radio. I am not fond of the radio and would like to either get the factory head unit installed or get a Navi for the car. I would prefer to get the Navi. My car didn't come with a factory changer. I have the bracket and the wire plugs I believe. So my help comes in the area of what do I need to get??
Do I need to replace the radio harness? Do i just get the changer and a factory radio? I would like to have a radio or navi that I can use the steering wheel controls on. I would need to source out the parts for my car. I was doing some reading on an mkIII navi vs a mkII. I'm very ignorant on what came in my car. I don't know if it's dsp or non dsp.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
James

bimmernav
06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
If you want to add navigation to a car that does not have nav, you will need to replace your wiring harness. This page has detailed information on what is needed to add navigation. Look at the link for the 7 series E38 nav retrofit as yours will be basically the same

http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_GPS_Navgation_Retrofit_Instructions.html

tom @ eas
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Hello Guys/Girls,

I need your help. I tried the search without much results in the area I need help in. I recently bought a 03 530I. The previous owner took the factory radio out and swapped it with a Clarion head unit with cd and serius (spell?) radio. I am not fond of the radio and would like to either get the factory head unit installed or get a Navi for the car. I would prefer to get the Navi. My car didn't come with a factory changer. I have the bracket and the wire plugs I believe. So my help comes in the area of what do I need to get??
Do I need to replace the radio harness? Do i just get the changer and a factory radio? I would like to have a radio or navi that I can use the steering wheel controls on. I would need to source out the parts for my car. I was doing some reading on an mkIII navi vs a mkII. I'm very ignorant on what came in my car. I don't know if it's dsp or non dsp.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
James

First you'll need to remove the Clairon and hopefully the original owner didn't cut the factory harness to install the radio. Otherwise - returning the car back to stock is quick and painless.

If the factory harness was cut, we have repair kits on the site to help you out.

WickedA2
06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks Guys I hope to pull that radio out this weekend and check out the damage