PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Mic location 330 ci

elvisisdog
06-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi all,

I've a 2003 facelift 330 coupe. I want to retrofit bluetooth into it but the headliner in my car is an all in one unit. Is the microphone position still in the same spot? I've seen an e39 post on here where they have had to cut the headliner and fit a sunroof control cover, I'm hoping I don't have to do this. I also guess there is no way to tell if the microphone wiring loom is in place? Are there any other locations it could be? I've looked round the steering column like on a cab - nothing there (as expected).

I guess the best place to answer this is at the dealer, I'm just not likely to have a chance to get to one before the weekend.

Cheers
Neil

tom @ eas
06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi all,

I've a 2003 facelift 330 coupe. I want to retrofit bluetooth into it but the headliner in my car is an all in one unit. Is the microphone position still in the same spot? I've seen an e39 post on here where they have had to cut the headliner and fit a sunroof control cover, I'm hoping I don't have to do this. I also guess there is no way to tell if the microphone wiring loom is in place? Are there any other locations it could be? I've looked round the steering column like on a cab - nothing there (as expected).

I guess the best place to answer this is at the dealer, I'm just not likely to have a chance to get to one before the weekend.

Cheers
Neil

Mic location is opposite side of the sunroof switch on the headliner. There should be a grille there already.

elvisisdog
06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
No sunroof so I've got a one piece head liner, there's no panel where the sunroof switch normally is. Hence I'm a bit confused??

elvisisdog
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Hopefully this might help visualise the problem?

I've contacted bimmernav.com about it and they responded that I'd have to cut the headliner, what I'm not sure about is how much I need to cut, I'm assuming it would be a cut for the sunroof control panel and then slot that in with the mic in its correct position? ANyone know?

Also anyone know if hte mic 3 wire cable is always run up to the roof? It's a UK car so no idea (no buttons in the boot for guidance). As you can see from the pics its got the Rain Light Sensor.

Technic
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Hopefully this might help visualise the problem?

I've contacted bimmernav.com about it and they responded that I'd have to cut the headliner, what I'm not sure about is how much I need to cut, I'm assuming it would be a cut for the sunroof control panel and then slot that in with the mic in its correct position? ANyone know?

Also anyone know if hte mic 3 wire cable is always run up to the roof? It's a UK car so no idea (no buttons in the boot for guidance). As you can see from the pics its got the Rain Light Sensor.

Is your car equipped with Option 640 (Telephone prep)? It seems to me that it is not, because there is no provision for the mic mounting trim in the forward part of the headliner. :confused:

elvisisdog
08-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess not, is there anyway I can find out? Dealer?

Technic
08-18-2007, 06:38 AM
I guess not, is there anyway I can find out? Dealer?

Check if your car has this 54 pin phone connector in the trunk...

http://golilm.com/DIY/Bluetooth/IMG_0469.JPG

... or any of the connectors shown in this DIY: http://golilm.com/DIY/Bluetooth/

:thumbup: