PDA

View Full Version : Noise Filter Install question

Keyser Soze
06-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I have the OEM Sirius and the OEM Ipod Aux cable both installed, now I get a high pitched whine.

Ordered the filter from EAS and now need to know where to install it, is it the trunk by the sirius module in most cases or somewhere else by the head unit or something?

any recommendations on car stereo shop that can work on this in/around Sunnyvale/Santa Clara/Mtn View????????????

tom @ eas
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I have the OEM Sirius and the OEM Ipod Aux cable both installed, now I get a high pitched whine.

Ordered the filter from EAS and now need to know where to install it, is it the trunk by the sirius module in most cases or somewhere else by the head unit or something?

any recommendations on car stereo shop that can work on this in/around Sunnyvale/Santa Clara/Mtn View????????????

What source is giving the whine - AUX or Sirius?

Keyser Soze
06-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Heck if I know, however it didn't start until I installed the OEM AUX input. The Sirius has been in there for a couple years already.

It occurs unilaterally, Aux, Sirius, FM, AM, CD and even with the stereo off.

What source is giving the whine - AUX or Sirius?

tom @ eas
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Heck if I know, however it didn't start until I installed the OEM AUX input. The Sirius has been in there for a couple years already.

It occurs unilaterally, Aux, Sirius, FM, AM, CD and even with the stereo off.

I don't think a noise filter will help in this case. What are you playing through AUX?

Keyser Soze
06-15-2007, 09:59 AM
just an Ipod

what's wierd is these are the OEM parts and units, etc. The only thing different I did is to put the AUX port in the ashtray.

I don't think a noise filter will help in this case. What are you playing through AUX?

tom @ eas
06-15-2007, 10:00 AM
just an Ipod

If the backlight is on, try turning it off - this may be the cause of your problem.

Keyser Soze
06-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Tom it makes the noise regardless of the ipod even being plugged in or on or even the Stereo unit on.

If the backlight is on, try turning it off - this may be the cause of your problem.

tom @ eas
06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Tom it makes the noise regardless of the ipod even being plugged in or on or even the Stereo unit on.

I would look into replacing the AUX portion, not installing a filter.

Keyser Soze
06-15-2007, 04:40 PM
so the Aux cable that I bought from Stevens Creek BMW may be bad? how is that possible, it's just a cable.

I would look into replacing the AUX portion, not installing a filter.

tom @ eas
06-15-2007, 04:45 PM
so the Aux cable that I bought from Stevens Creek BMW may be bad? how is that possible, it's just a cable.

We're simply speculating at this point. Try plugging in a different device other than the iPod and see if the noise changed in pitch.

Yes, even BMW has a defective part once in a while.