PDA

View Full Version : Year Old Dice -- Similar HVAC Problem

dasimon
06-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Tom @ EAS

Would appreciate your assistance. I came back from a year in the desert in Jun 06 and almost immediately purchased a Dice for my 2001 X5 with business radio and auto a/c.

I installed the Dice prior to trip from Louisiana to Colorado and noticed an annoying HVAC issue....when the Dice module was connected, the HVAC would suddenly shut off, then immediately start back up again...seemed to do every ten minutes. So, I've unplugged and left in a box until last week -- as I have some time off and the weather is nice.

BTW -- I emailed Dension tech support last fall with my problem but never heard from them...

Anyway, I reconnected the Dice the other day and the same thing happens. I've been reading through the posts and note that you've mentioned a fix to the HVAC bug.

I'm wondering if I can get my module updated...

As I said before...

I drive a 2001 X5 with business CD and auto AC
I use the CD changer connection
My first gen nano is running FW 1.4.1
the Dice S/N is A00015-0606

Thanks
Dave in C Springs

tom @ eas
06-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Tom @ EAS

Would appreciate your assistance. I came back from a year in the desert in Jun 06 and almost immediately purchased a Dice for my 2001 X5 with business radio and auto a/c.

I installed the Dice prior to trip from Louisiana to Colorado and noticed an annoying HVAC issue....when the Dice module was connected, the HVAC would suddenly shut off, then immediately start back up again...seemed to do every ten minutes. So, I've unplugged and left in a box until last week -- as I have some time off and the weather is nice.

BTW -- I emailed Dension tech support last fall with my problem but never heard from them...

Anyway, I reconnected the Dice the other day and the same thing happens. I've been reading through the posts and note that you've mentioned a fix to the HVAC bug.

I'm wondering if I can get my module updated...

As I said before...

I drive a 2001 X5 with business CD and auto AC
I use the CD changer connection
My first gen nano is running FW 1.4.1
the Dice S/N is A00015-0606

Thanks
Dave in C Springs

Answered in DICE Q/A Thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2451863#post2451863