PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing a Sirius Receiver in a 07 X3

Tlon
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I recently purchased a satellite receiver and install kit for my new 07 X3 with Nav. Unfortunately, install instructions weren't included, and after a quick look at the cargo area where the receiver should go I'm a bit lost. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

I found the correct cables, I think, though it looks like there is one additional cable in the bundle. At least, three of the cables seem to have places to go on the receiver but the fourth is too large. Am I correct in assuming there is fourth cable for some other purpose?
Where does the unit go? The only install instructions I've been able to find are for non-Nav equipped cars, and on mine the Nav DVD is where the receiver goes on the other instructions.
I'm supposed to get a year of free service with the unit, but it didn't come with any certificate or paperwork on that year. Is this something that is connected to the unit that Sirius will know about when I call to activate the unit?
Does anyone know if I need to do anything at the radio end of things? I've read conflicting reports of having to connect a cable to the radio.

Thanks in advance!

tom @ eas
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
I recently purchased a satellite receiver and install kit for my new 07 X3 with Nav. Unfortunately, install instructions weren't included, and after a quick look at the cargo area where the receiver should go I'm a bit lost. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

I found the correct cables, I think, though it looks like there is one additional cable in the bundle. At least, three of the cables seem to have places to go on the receiver but the fourth is too large. Am I correct in assuming there is fourth cable for some other purpose?
Where does the unit go? The only install instructions I've been able to find are for non-Nav equipped cars, and on mine the Nav DVD is where the receiver goes on the other instructions.
I'm supposed to get a year of free service with the unit, but it didn't come with any certificate or paperwork on that year. Is this something that is connected to the unit that Sirius will know about when I call to activate the unit?
Does anyone know if I need to do anything at the radio end of things? I've read conflicting reports of having to connect a cable to the radio.

Thanks in advance!

- Your X3 is prewired for Sirius, the module will go in the cargo area in the driver's side. The bracket will line up with the pre-existing holes in that area.
- Show a picture of the cable you are referring to. There are only 3 cables that should be connected to the Sirius module.
- 12 months are included with the modules ending in part number 377, Sirius will know this upon activation when you submit your Sirius ID number.
- Nothing needs to be done at the radio. There are some minor troubleshooting steps, but let's get connected first to see if these are needed or not.

Let me know if you should have any further questions.

Tlon
06-23-2007, 08:13 AM
- Your X3 is prewired for Sirius, the module will go in the cargo area in the driver's side. The bracket will line up with the pre-existing holes in that area.

Thanks, Tom!

I was able to get this installed and activated. One problem I ran into (and am still having) is that the NAV computer bracket that came in the car is not the one that has the extra braces underneath to hold the Sirius receiver. I imagine other folks might be in this boat too. No BMW parts dealer I've called seems to know what I'm talking about either.

I also needed to switch a cable in the back of the radio, swapping in the CD-SARS cable, which was the most difficult part of the install. Will this affect my ability to install a Dice unit in the center console?

tom @ eas
06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks, Tom!

I was able to get this installed and activated. One problem I ran into (and am still having) is that the NAV computer bracket that came in the car is not the one that has the extra braces underneath to hold the Sirius receiver. I imagine other folks might be in this boat too. No BMW parts dealer I've called seems to know what I'm talking about either.

I also needed to switch a cable in the back of the radio, swapping in the CD-SARS cable, which was the most difficult part of the install. Will this affect my ability to install a Dice unit in the center console?

You probably have the non-NAV bracket - the NAV vehicles all came with the Sirius bracket, for some reason BMW will not offer this part separately.

Simply mount the receiver below the NAV computer with double-sided tape and you will be fine.