PDA

View Full Version : Dinan tweaks to the new 335/535 engine?

cvb
06-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Any word on when these may come out? I'd only be tempted if it came from Dinan or BMW (to preserve the warranty)

Terry @ BMS
07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Any word on when these may come out? I'd only be tempted if it came from Dinan or BMW (to preserve the warranty)

The problem with Dinan is they are very expensive for what you get, and some people still have warranty related issues with them.

Jon@TheMshop
07-15-2007, 11:21 PM

I talked to a sales rep at Dinan and it's for sure they're coming out with a suspension, exhaust, and most likely software. I can't confirm it but rumor has it they might come out with a much larger oil cooler and possibly a better intercooler.

Dinan is in no rush to bring their parts in the market. A lot of R&D is being done to ensure the highest reliability. A warranty that covers parts and labor is a plus.

Note that BMW warranty isn't really preserved. Dinan takes over the warranty and your Dinan modded BMW can only go to Dinan authorized dealers for any warranty work (depending on customer complaint).

franka
07-17-2007, 01:07 PM
The rumor I heard is that BMW has dropped Dinan for new models. :dunno:

Jon@TheMshop
07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
The rumor I heard is that BMW has dropped Dinan for new models. :dunno:

Sort of. Century West BMW has removed all of their Dinan mods from their displays but they are still currently a Dinan dealer. I talked to the sales rep at the parts dept and he said that BMW is coming out with E46 performance parts first but won't happen till end of this year.