PDA

View Full Version : Stock DSP amp died out, what are my options?

holeshotz5598
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a 2000 540i and i'm pritty sure my amp crapped out, music will play for 30 seconds and just go mute after that but will work again for another 30 sec if i turn the radio off and on again and the head unit still functions fine after the sound goes away so i think its the amp. Now, im just wondering what my options are for replacement? Do i need to get a stock amp or can i go for a aftermarket without re wiring the whole system or getting a new speaker and head unit setup.

What are my options?

tom @ eas
07-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I have a 2000 540i and i'm pritty sure my amp crapped out, music will play for 30 seconds and just go mute after that but will work again for another 30 sec if i turn the radio off and on again and the head unit still functions fine after the sound goes away so i think its the amp. Now, im just wondering what my options are for replacement? Do i need to get a stock amp or can i go for a aftermarket without re wiring the whole system or getting a new speaker and head unit setup.

What are my options?

Stock DSP amps are about $1300 new, I would recommend used first which can be found in the $00 range. The replacement amp will need to be coded to your vehicle.

BimmerFr3aK
07-24-2007, 01:18 AM
my problem was similar to this, but it turned out to be my HU. (i hope-its on its way back to me from repair, there was a chip fried)