PDA

View Full Version : 2002 330i Amp wiring

bucsnet
07-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I have searched and I thought I'd be able to find a thread on this, but I missed it I guess.

I am replacing my HU and I need to power the HK amp. I know what pins are what, but what I need help with is actually finding the switched power wire in the dash that I can hook up to the amp (Pin 10) i think it is.

From the info I have read it seems like the HU doesn't put out exactly a hot/ground for the amp?

Can anyone help, it's driving my crazy.

Thanks!

CWolfey
07-08-2007, 05:05 AM
The amp power should be going to the amp from the fuse box..the remote wire to turn on the amp is behind the radio and is probably white

Ken@BSW
07-15-2007, 07:38 AM
I have searched and I thought I'd be able to find a thread on this, but I missed it I guess.

I am replacing my HU and I need to power the HK amp. I know what pins are what, but what I need help with is actually finding the switched power wire in the dash that I can hook up to the amp (Pin 10) i think it is.

From the info I have read it seems like the HU doesn't put out exactly a hot/ground for the amp?

Can anyone help, it's driving my crazy.

Thanks!

If you are using the AI BWH-470 wire harness adapter, all you need to do is simply wire your remote turn-on wire from your new head unit to the blue wire on the BWH-470 harness. This is the remote turn-on wire that will power on your factory amplifier.