BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 X5 vs. Range Rover Sport

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  king_alii 
#1 ·
I'm a newbee to this forum and currently drives a 2004 X5 with 3 months left on the lease. I'm looking at getting a fully loaded 07 X5 3.0 because of the great 3 years spent on my 04 X5. Having a hard time jumping into a new lease since I really like the looks and off road capabilities of the Range Rover Sport. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm not too thrilled about the run flat tires on the 07 X5 specially I'm getting one with the 3rd row seat. "No spare tire?" Hearing a lot of reliability issues with the RR sport that makes me really think. The lease rates are not that great on the RR compared to BMW. Looked at the GL 450 but looks like an ML in steroids. Please help!!!

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome 'king_alii' delighted you could join us as a new member. I've an 05 X5 Sport fully loaded and I have to say it's a great road handling machine and the drive is very enjoyable. I looked at the RR Sport about 3 months ago and it didn't grab me as much as the X5 would. The RR is not a 'head turner' as such but more of a practical vehicle for rough terrain with the sport pack added to make it more driver friendly and sportier, but having said that Jeremy Clarkson put it through a very tought test with an army tank and said it was a 'very good off road car'. Have a look at the video The cabin is not as roomy and spacious as the X5 and I found it very claustrophobic to sit in as a passenger as a friend of mine bought one 2 weeks ago in Champagne colour(not my preference) and it looks very cheap and tacky inside also. If you want a car to hack around in then this is your choice and also I've heard from alot of people that they give alot of trouble and that's not good. So, if that's any help I would stick with the X5 new model - it's a very nice car and looks great in the sport/dynamic package. Another SUV you might look at is the Audi Q7 with the thrid row seats as standard.

Best of luck with whatever model you choice!

#3 ·
Thanks for the input. I enjoyed the video. That was hilarious! :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.