PDA

View Full Version : Clifford Siren not Chirping or Sirening?

BMcCoupe
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Replaced/Installed a Clifford alarm siren on my Clifford Matrix system and I can hear the siren faintly when i press arm&disarm, but it does not fully chirp or siren...

any ideas on why this is happening?

I also tried reversing the wires in case I got polarity wrong, no worky (just same faint sound out of siren).

this is on a BMW M Coupe (old one worked prior to installing new replacement... old one was becoming flaky in sound).

:dunno:

CWolfey
07-10-2007, 04:10 AM
WHere is the black wire going to...that faint sound you are hearing is usually the symptom of a bad ground.. Try connecting a wire from any ground bare metal to the black siren wire.

BMcCoupe
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
mine doesn't appear to have a black wire... it has a pair of brown wires w/ no markings as to what the polarity is.

I will double-check...

CWolfey
07-11-2007, 04:26 AM
That is not the correct siren for your alarm...that is the speaker type siren for talking modules/alarms.

BMcCoupe
07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
That is not the correct siren for your alarm...that is the speaker type siren for talking modules/alarms.

it looks exactly the same as my old one and it appears to be the same model number 518C. Also, the ebay auction said 6-tone siren for Matrix G4 alarm systems. :dunno:

SQBMW
07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
My siren for my Clifford would do that same thing when it got water in it from going through a large puddle. I found out when I took it out to replace it an held it upside down and the water came out. I have it low at the front of the engine bay facing down.

Hope this helps.