PDA

View Full Version : Nav Unusable After Installing IceLink

jonesy
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I've installed a Dension Icelink Gateway 300 (http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway300.php) in my 2004 E46, which has Navigation.

The unit is playing mp3 music off USB and iPod OK, and can also be controlled from the steering wheel etc. However I'm having a REAL issue with ID3 (song name) tags.

Initially, I got no ID3 information at all, apparently because the ID3 feature is turned off by default. Dealer sent me a file to put on a USB stick, which when inserted, would enable ID3. I did this, but the problem is that song names are now appearing under the telephone Speed Dial menu instead of the CD menu. Furthermore, every update of the song name on the Speed Dial menu (once per second!) steals the focus from the Navigation, making Nav now completely unusable when the Icelink is in use.

Dealer I bought the unit from is out of ideas. I have tried to contact Dension support via their website, but have received no answer despite logging several problem tickets.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Is it normal for the Icelink adapters to use the Speed Dial to display song names (seems like really poor hack to me)?

Thanks

RichardP
07-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Yes, it's a bit poor the way the Gateway text selection works.

When you put the text enable file on the USB stick it makes the Gateway display text in all the possible locations, Nav, Phone (for Business head units) and MID (5 series). If prompts you to "Press 1" "Press 2" "Press 3" in the three locations. Thats all well and good, BUT on the Nav system, if you send a phone message then the phone display is activated, so all you see is "Press 1" (can't remember which way the numbers are) for the phone screen.

The solution is to press the R/T button on the MFSW so you can see which number to press for the display to be output on the Nav screen rather than using the Phone message, I believe it's number 2. Just load the file you were sent again to do this.

Hope that's clear enough!

Richard

jonesy
07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Yes, it's a bit poor the way the Gateway text selection works.

The solution is to press the R/T button on the MFSW so you can see which number to press for the display to be output on the Nav screen rather than using the Phone message, I believe it's number 2. Just load the file you were sent again to do this.

Hope that's clear enough!

Richard

Richard

You're a star, THANK YOU :thumbup: