PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bluetooth (weird part no.) in a 2004 E46?

Jonesy16
07-19-2007, 07:29 AM
I know, I know, not another dreaded bluetooth thread, but ever since I picked up my first BMW ever about a week ago I can't get the idea of bluetooth connectivity off of my mind. Anyway, I've read through at least two dozen threads on this and understand that there are bluetooth ULF modules that replace the Assist module, and that there are combination Assist/Bluetooth TCU's. My 2004 E46 325i (build date 10/2003) has the SA640 phone prep and Assist options on the car. I found and foolishly bid on a bluetooth part on ebay thinking it would solve most of my problems. I then realized that this part number is not one I've seen before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260141269961&rd=1,1

Part number 84.10 9126533-01. A search on realoem.com does not bring this part up, nor is it one of the parts listed on bimmernav. The auction states it was pulled from a 2007 325i (which they don't even make so I'm guessing it's a different 3 series). Does anyone know anything about this part number? Assuming that it might be a new version (he claims build date of 1/2007) of the combo Assist/Bluetooth TCU, would this stilll work in my vehicle? Any ideas? Anyone know this part number?

Technic
07-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I know, I know, not another dreaded bluetooth thread, but ever since I picked up my first BMW ever about a week ago I can't get the idea of bluetooth connectivity off of my mind. Anyway, I've read through at least two dozen threads on this and understand that there are bluetooth ULF modules that replace the Assist module, and that there are combination Assist/Bluetooth TCU's. My 2004 E46 325i (build date 10/2003) has the SA640 phone prep and Assist options on the car. I found and foolishly bid on a bluetooth part on ebay thinking it would solve most of my problems. I then realized that this part number is not one I've seen before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260141269961&rd=1,1

Part number 84.10 9126533-01. A search on realoem.com does not bring this part up, nor is it one of the parts listed on bimmernav. The auction states it was pulled from a 2007 325i (which they don't even make so I'm guessing it's a different 3 series). Does anyone know anything about this part number? Assuming that it might be a new version (he claims build date of 1/2007) of the combo Assist/Bluetooth TCU, would this stilll work in my vehicle? Any ideas? Anyone know this part number?

The 2007 325i was probably a listing mistake, unless this is an Euro part that this seller just happen to be selling. The 1/20/2007 manufacturing date make sense because, if you look closely at the listing single photo of this TCU, this is no longer a Motorola part it is Continental, the new owner of the Automotive division of Motorola as the latter part of last year...

Regardless, that's an E90 3 Series which is MOST bus protocol. Your E46 3 Series is I Bus protocol... not compatible. :thumbup:

Jonesy16
07-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up, too bad I already paid for it. Mark that up as stupid BMW mod mistake number 1, sheesh, now to try and get rid of it.

Technic
07-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up, too bad I already paid for it. Mark that up as stupid BMW mod mistake number 1, sheesh, now to try and get rid of it.

Could you just contact the seller or it is already shipped? I've done that, no penalties. :thumbup: