PDA

View Full Version : 328i radio problem & ?

trail snail
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I have a '98 328i with the Alpine C33 Business Cassette Radio head and trunk CD changer. Yesterday, it just stopped working. It will power up, select radio frequencies, act like it's playing a CD, but there is no sound.

Are the only system components the radio head, CD changer and speakers or is there a separate amplifier somewhere? Everything is stock. Is there any way to troubleshoot? I had to drive 350 miles today with no tunes:wahwah:.

Thanks

Tim

trail snail
07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I have a '98 328i with the Alpine C33 Business Cassette Radio head and trunk CD changer. Yesterday, it just stopped working. It will power up, select radio frequencies, act like it's playing a CD, but there is no sound.

Are the only system components the radio head, CD changer and speakers or is there a separate amplifier somewhere? Everything is stock. Is there any way to troubleshoot? I had to drive 350 miles today with no tunes:wahwah:.

Thanks

Tim

OK. I found the amp. When I turn the radio on and turn the volume knob all the way up, I can hear a very, very faint static noise. Any suggestions?