PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing the I-Drive System...

jvcajita
07-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Anyone know how to bypass the DVD-Rom on the newer BMWs to allow it to play actual movies? Possibly someone has been able to make DVDs as an option on the main screen of the I-Drive system? If not, does anyone think this can actually be possible?

tom @ eas
07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Anyone know how to bypass the DVD-Rom on the newer BMWs to allow it to play actual movies? Possibly someone has been able to make DVDs as an option on the main screen of the I-Drive system? If not, does anyone think this can actually be possible?

No, but we have a system to allow for this - we are looking for a tester in the SoCal area. Where are you located and what year/model BMW do you have?

jvcajita
07-31-2007, 12:29 AM
reason why i asked is because i have a client from bmw of riverside who is interested in doing so. the only caution that he's avoiding is that if this is done will it void the warranty? can i forward your information to him? by the way, he recently purchased a 2007 328i coupe from me.

tom @ eas
07-31-2007, 09:48 AM
reason why i asked is because i have a client from bmw of riverside who is interested in doing so. the only caution that he's avoiding is that if this is done will it void the warranty? can i forward your information to him? by the way, he recently purchased a 2007 328i coupe from me.

Sure - feel free to have him contact us directly.

eckles
08-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Was any progress made on doing this... I would be interested in DVD watching / watching TV as is an option on the European e90s...